WINNER WONDERLAND

“Delicious Mexican food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Los Tios Grill

Los Tios Grill
Ranked #20 of 211 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish, South American, Central American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
northern virginia
“Delicious Mexican food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

A friend of mine took me here for a belated birthday dinner. Los Tios is located in the Market Square in Leesburg, same shopping complex as the Tuscarora restaurant. The restaurant is small but cozy. We started off with the largest margaritas I have ever seen. I felt like I was drinking literally out of a fish bowl but of course was much tastier. They brought out a basket of chips with salsa. The chips are thin and very crispy. The salsa was a little liquidy but very tasty. My friend ordered mahi mahi fish tacos which she claimed were delicious. I ordered the beef fajitas. They were delicious! The meat was tender and spiced perfectly. They are cooked up with the standard onions and peppers. They garnish them with a nice handful of cilantro, which I love. Of course if you are not a fan make sure to have them leave it out. I noticed that there is outside seating which might be nice in the warmer weather. The only thing about the smallness of the restaurant that bothered me was that everyone was ordering fajitas and I didn't feel that the ventilation was very good. I was breathing in the smokiness of others fajita orders. I would definitely come back to Los Tios in spite of this though.

Boston, Massachusetts
“It's ok, but nothing special.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Place was clean and staff were efficient and friendly. Food, however, was just ok. Nothing wrong with it as such, just nothing special.

But, combined with the cost, does not provide value for money.

Service was fine, if a bit rushed (plates should not be cleared until all parties are finished eating).

Bethesda, Maryland
“Good Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I put Los Tios on the list of restaurants that I might return to if I happen to be in the neighborhood at dinnertime. But I'm not going out of my way to get there.

We had a good enough meal. My wife ordered a margarita which was the biggest margarita I've ever seen (I think it cost a $12, which is a bit high).

I'll give it four stars, which I think is generous. Easily could have been three.

You can sense my enthusiasm, eh?

• 2 of 5 bubbles
USA
“Tasty Tex-Mex”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This small restaurant is locating inside of a charming eating and shopping complex. We enjoyed the steak, chicken, and shrimp fajita combo. Prices were not cheap, but the quality was above average. We had great service by a bunch of "tios" also!

Leesburg, Virginia, United States
“Good margaritas, good food, not great on dessert.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have been to this restaurant about 3 times. Right when they sit you they give you warm chips and salsa.The service of this place is very good, the waiters are always attentive. I feel like the menu could have more options, they have mexican dishes, but I don't feel there is a lot of variation. Their margaritas are excellent, they sell small ones and big ones, we had the mango margarita and were not disappointed. The food portions are a little small, but the overall taste of the food is not bad. My only disappointment was the dessert, we order fried scream which we didn't know was covered in honey and it was awfully sweet! We asked our waiter to please change it because we did not know it was covered in honey, and he did. We got another dessert with ice cream, it was better but it was not a wow dessert. Overall, is a good place to eat, the restaurant is very small, but they have great service. Good place to have a margarita and some tacos. I do not recommend any dessert from here.

• Visited January 2013