“National Margarita Day!” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Hamilton, Virginia
“National Margarita Day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband, daughter and I stopped at Los tios for dinner on National Margarita Day. We were seated in about 10 minutes upon arrival,which was fine for a Friday evening out. We were given warm chips and fresh salsa, which were very good. We ordered 2 regular margaritas and a lemonade for our daughter. I ordered the fish tacos with Mahi mahi, my husband had beef, chicken, and cheese enchiladas, and our daughter had Dinosaur chicken nuggets and fries.
We were disappointed with the margaritas, they were quite "green" and sour, tasted like cheap mix from the grocery store. The dinosaur chicken nuggets were over-cooked, our daughter wouldn't eat them (and her chicken nugget pallet is refined- haha). My tacos were good, two with plenty of fish and fresh ingredients, I enjoyed them. My husband seemed happy with his meal.
When the waiter came at the end to take our plates, he asked how everything was and we told him that the chicken nuggets were burnt and she wouldn't eat them. So, he offered to take them off the bill, we said that wasn't necessary, but appreciated him acknowledging the problem. So, instead he brought us out a free dessert - flan- which was delicious.
So, hmmm... This place has a good vibe, the crowd and staff are lively, the food is average for the Mexican places around our area and the margaritas were sub-par compared to places like Mexican Cafe in annapolis, or Uncle Julio's in Reston. But, we did very much appreciate the good will gesture of the dessert. For that and the good service, I would definitely recommend.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Positively Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Tried this place tonight based on reviews on TripAdviser and was not disappointed! It was delicious and the service was especially good. My husband loves to let the server choose his or her favorite meal on the menu whenever we go somewhere new. The waiter's recommendation was Pollo Acapulco, and my husband said it was fantastic. My daughter and I both had fajitas, which were really good. Note: if you don't like cilantro, ask them to hold it, because they smothered the fajita meat with cilantro. The fajita beef was seasoned perfectly and very high quality beef. The fajita chicken was a little bland but still good. All in all, a fabulous find, and we will definitely be back the next time we are in Leesburg.

Herndon, Virginia
“Great little mexican restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I love this place and drive 15m to eat here about once a month. Food is well seasoned and nice portion sizes. Excellent enchiladas and tamal's, and some fine shrimp dishes. Margarita's are a bargain, we hope they add one with true fresh lime juice, even if it costs a little more. We also like this spot because it is very small and intimate, with strong attention to service.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank dcshoe
Leesburg, Virginia
“Best Mexican in Leesburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We have been to Los Tios dozens of times and truly decided it is the best Mexican food in Leesburg and probably Loudoun County. We love the Market Station location eventhough the restaurant is a little small (and can often fill w/smoke when somebody orders fajitas). Highly recommend the Beef Fajitas, because they use high quality cuts of meat compared to other Mexican restaurants.

Visited November 2012
Arlington, Virginia
“The bomb-diggity of Salvadoran cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

If you have not visited the Los Tios Grill Restaurant, located next to Loco Beans, I hope that you will have a chance to do so soon. What a gem this place is. Being next door, we have enjoyed lots of fajitas, enchiladas. My son and I however were treated to a special Marisco Saltado dish that was recommended and cooked to perfection by Chef Antonio. To think that this seafood lover has never had a better seafood dish from any Mexican restaurant around here. Salvadoran food is the bomb-diggity folks and Los Tios is the place to be :)