“We will definitely come again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Leesburg

Comfort Suites Leesburg
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
PA
“We will definitely come again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

The staff here practically fell over backwards to do all they could for us. We were here to bike the W&OD Trail which they nicely informed us, was .5 mile from the motel. They offered us a larger room so that we had more room for our bikes, always had cookies and juice available, made sure that we knew they had roast beef and green beans in the lobby that night (Tuesdays) and a breakfast buffet in the morning that was more than adequate. They even helped us figure our why our laptop would not work in the room and lent us a cable to use. The room was quite comfortable and very quiet. We were also able to use the pool and wonderfully warm spa to relax our tired muscles. We will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PaCacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2008

Room was large, clean and a/c worked well (a big pet peeve is when the a/c units dont work well). Room had large whirlpool bathtub and large kitchen. There was a sitting area as well with DVD player and also a tv in the bedroom. It was very clean and quiet. I would stay there again.

My only complaint: Be careful at the breakfast, yougurts were not kept on ice (you could get sick). Warm foods need to be kept warm cold foods cold.

I didnt try the pool and they also had a gym which featured one treadmill and someone was always using it.

Good location, in the heart of downtown Leesburg.

• Liked — how clean the room was.
  • Disliked — breakfast in the lobby wasnt warm/cold
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank travleinggirl
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2007

I was very impressed with this property. The facility seems relatively new and everything was in great shape. The room was large and nicely appointed. The breakfast was great and had cereals, bagels, danish, hot entries, you-make-it waffles, fruit, yogurt, coffee, teas, juices, etc. There was a business office room where internet access, a printer, and a copier were available. Wifi is also available at no extra charge. There's an indoor pool and jacuzzi. There's also a small exercise room with relatively nice equipment. The staff was helpful.

Caution that there is an extra fee if you smoke in a non-smoking room (hurray!) and I hope they caught whoever was smoking in the room next to me.

There's a safe fee that you can ask to be removed when you check out if you didn't use it.

There's several restaurants close by - check out the Vintage restaurant and brew pub down the street - numerous excellent beers were consumed there. There's several places within walking distance including a Mexican restaurant, a BBQ place, Starbucks, banks, and a Dunkin Donuts.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank TouristThruLife
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2007

This hotel is great. The hotel fees themselves are relatively low - if you have a CAA/AAA card use it you'll get a better price.

The rooms are large and clean - at least my room was. i had a king size bed with a TV, Bar fridge, coffee maker, and microwave.

They gave us two bottles of water in our fridge which was a nice touch. In the evening they have free popcorn by the reception desk - not the best popcorn but again nice touch. Free breakfast which was better than I expected. they have a hot meal which changes daily, cereal, danishes, bagles, cook your own waffles, fruit and yougourt and juice and coffee.

I was definately pleasently pleased with the hotel. i wasn't expecting it to be as clean or the service to be as good or the room to be as large. they have late checkout to 1:30 at no additional cost. local calls are free.

they have a pool and a gym (the gym is small - very small only a bike a treadmill and a weight center. I used the gym nevertheless as no one was there.).

In terms of location, there isn't a whole lot to do in Leesburg, but it's close to the outlet malls if you have a car (I think the hotel will shuttle you) and not too far from the Smithsonian space museum at the Dulles Airport hanger - I recommend you go - it's free of charge and $12 to park your car. Well worth it!

• Stayed October 2007
1 Thank tcaruanj
Powhatan, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2006

Stayed Friday night at the Comfort Suites. Had difficulty finding it -- not their fault. Complete directions were not on the sheet I got from AAA.com. My husband called and once we were informed they were behind the Days Inn, was easy to find. We checked in and asked directions to Morven Park -- we had reception there for the Virginia Wine Festival. Since neither was exactly sure, one of the guys at the front desk went over into the business center and printed off detailed directions for us from MapQuest.com! Already we were impressed. Room was immaculate, spacious. Beds were comfortable. I did like that standard checkout isn't until Noon! It was wonderful to sleep in! Breakfast was also good -- just waited for the crowd to die down. Especially enjoyed the cappucino machine -- available 24hrs. Check out was a breeze. Also is very close to Premium Outlets. Which, like another reviewer, I highly recommend. When I head that way again, will book a room at the Comfort Suites. They went above and beyond.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Sandy6284
Fredericksburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2006

Definitely would stay there again. The room was very spacious - we had two doubles and there was lots of room for the three of us to spread out. The room was very clean. Service was adequate. Breakfast was sufficient for myself and my two kids. Included "make your own" waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, juice and coffee.

Super convenient to the outlet mall (definitely recommend), restaurants, and main roads. A bit tricky to find at first, but we managed.

Stayed March 2006
2 Thank charsky5
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2004

The one nice aspect about this hotel is the wi-fi accessible from the room...which is where I am now writing this review!

I was very dissapointed by the service here. For a franchise hotel that costs around $150/night in the countryside, you wouldn't expect the front desk staff to be so rude. First, when I was trying to check in, I stood there for 20 min. while they were sorting out an angry customer whose reservation they messed up. They weren't accomodating to her at all and blamed it on her. After waiting for so long, I finally went up to one of the guys behind the desk who was just standing there doing nothing and asked if he could check me in. I clearly wasn't with the other group of people, and I thought it was rude that they made me stand there so long.

Secondly, we're here for a wedding which we were told included shuttle service to the wedding. This is one of the main reasons I chose to stay here! The man behind the front desk certainly doesn't understand customer service. He ended up telling us that space was limited on the bus and that we should take our car. No apologies given.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry
Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry
#2 of 3 in Harpers Ferry
3.5 of 5 stars 203 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!