“Good location, average stay”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is a great location, close to Leesburg Outlets. The room was adequate and could have used a good cleaning. The carpet was a little dingy, couch and desk chair had stains. Bath towel had hair on it. I typically stay at Hampton Inns, but decided to try this place. I think the cost was a little high given the condition of the room. Also, the indoor pool is not heated, which was a disappointment to my 4 year old. I made an assumption and should have known that it was not heated, since it was not specified. Breakfast was good, typical continental selection. Overall an average stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
Amy C, Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Ms. Doyle,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. The hotel is less than 1 mile from Historic Downtown Leesburg and a 1/2 mile from the Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets, which makes for great shopping!

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our indoor heated pool. The pool and hot tub at the Comfort Suites Leesburg are both heated. We keep the pool at 82 degrees, which is standard for most indoor heated pools. Because of your comments, I made a visit to the pool area and you are correct, it could be warmer. Now that we are moving in to the cooler months we need to increase the temperature to make it a little more comfortable, given the outside temperature. Thanks for your suggestion.

We pride ourselves on customer service and the cleanliness of our rooms, so I was sorry to hear we fell short during your recent stay. I have brought your concerns regarding the condition of your room to our housekeeping department. Your comments allows us to ensure the next guest does not have the same experience.

Once again I would like to thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. I hope that the next time you are in our area you will come back and stay with us. Don't forget our "Shop and Stay Package", which gives you a complimentary coupon book for the outlets, Crabtree & Evelyn gift set, and of course free shuttle service.

We look forward to seeing in the future.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My first stay here was wonderful. I had done some preparation work and had read the great reviews on the hotel. I had also gotten rates from other hotels of similar quality. I ended up calling this hotel since I arrived in Leesburg without having confirmed a room. Not a good idea as Leesburg is a VERY popular destination. Anyway, this hotel gave me a higher rate than another hotel. When I told the hotel agent I was going to stay elsewhere, he ended up matching the rate I had been given by the other hotel. As it turned out, I was upgraded to their biggest suite and according to the front desk, I was staying at a very phenomenal rate. The suite had a full kitchen, living room and in-suite jacuzzi. Everyone was charming and helpful and I had a great stay. The room was clean and nice for a lower mid-level hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Suze,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. Your absolutely right Leesburg is a destination you really need to make an advance reservation for, especially on the weekends. Historic attractions, outlet shopping, weddings, and the beautiful vineyards make Leesburg a great location to visit.

We have a great staff here at the Comfort Suites Leesburg, so I was happy to hear they were able to get you in at a comparable rate, and then upgrade to one of Executive King Whirlpool Suites.

I hope the next time you are in town, you will come back and stay with us at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. Don't forget we have 8 amazing getaway packages, just waiting for your next visit! We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

After many great reviews of Comfort Suites, we selected the Winery Tour Package which includes deluxe accommodations in Executive King Whirlpool Suite and 2 for 1 Wine Tastings at 30 wineries and vineyards in Loudoun County, hot breakfast delivered to your room and cheese platter. I called and booked directly with the hotel and received an email confirmation which didn't have any mention of the package. The next day I called to make sure that I received the package and found out that yes I had the package but price was actually around $50 higher per night than quoted. After numerous calls/emails, I had it straightened out. First, there was not an option of 30 wineries. Most of the options were not even in Leesburg. Many of coupons aren't two for one but $1 off tasting or complementary tasting with purchase of two bottles of wine. As for the Executive Whirlpool Suite, it was also a disappointment. The bed was exactly as pictured and was very comfortable. However, the room had an odd layout. It was long and narrow with a large whirlpool tub about 4 x 7 ft on one wall in the middle of the room and large desk and safe on the other. Other the desk chair, there was no place to sit except for the bed. So if you are relaxing in the whirlpool, you can look at the safe or desk? The morning breakfast buffet was adequate but it is included with all rooms. If you want breakfast delivered to your room as advertised, you walk down to breakfast buffet and take food back to your room but there is no place to sit. Basically, you are paying $50 per night for a platter of cheese and grapes. In summary, package is not worth the added expense. Overall the Comfort Suites is a nice hotel. The rooms are comfortable and large. Although the layout was odd, the room was nice. Other than no chairs, my only complaint was the peeling paint in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Selecting room rather than package is better value
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PAHITTHEROAD
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Hi Mr. and Mrs. Fisher,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. As I mentioned during our conversation, I welcome any feedback.

It was only through our conversation on Sunday that we were able to clarify you were not actually in the Executive King Whirlpool Suite. Had you not expressed your concern, you may have thought you were staying in our Executive King Whirlpool Suite and chose never to stay with us in the future.

The Winery Tour Package is $179 per night plus tax in our Executive Whirlpool Suite. The Executive Suite without the package is normally $139 per night. The package includes accommodations in our Executive King Whirlpool Suite, 2 for 1 wine tasting at 17 vineyards and discounts at 30+ vineyards in Loudoun County. Grapes, cheese and crackers, foaming bubble bath, candles and a hot breakfast delivered to your room the following morning, complete the get-a-way package.

I wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I know you were not give all the wine tasting coupon until your second day with us. Your feedback helped us to make a change to our policy, making sure that guest were given the wine trail map and coupons at check in, instead of when the package was delivered. We also decided to no longer offer the package in the King Studio Suite, which you stayed in. The King Suite does not have the amenities, like the dining table and chairs, separate bathroom with Whirlpool bath and spacious living room, that are featured in our Executive Suite. We had offered the package in the King Studio Suite, as it was only $139 per night, which enabled us to offer a different price point.

As per our conversation we would love if you would come back and visit us again in the future. We would love to upgrade you to our Executive King Whirlpool Suite. If we can assist you any further, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Thanks again and Happy 30th Anniversary!

Regards,

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here for one night, having just flown in from the UK. As soon as we stepped over the threshold we felt very much at home. The hotel has a lovely ambience about it. Next morning we had a lovey breakfast which was very good indeed. Our room was very spacious and spotless.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Jen Devon,

We wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us.

We love our international travelers! Next time you cross the pond, we hope that you come back and stay with us again at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. We have great shopping and wine tasting coupons for you to enjoy.

Thanks again for letting us know about your stay.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed two nights in June at this hotel. We have stayed in Choice properties
throughout the U.S. and this one was by far the best. From the minute we arrived
for check-in until we departed the staff was excellent and attentive. The mini-suite
was well appointed, very clean, and comfortable. Every thing in the room worked
as required. We were provided with extra coffee packs upon request. The buffet
breakfast was presented beautifully and amply. Any request for information about
restaurants and directions was met with courteous replies and assistance. We will
return for another stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Hi Ken M,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Leesburg for your family visit. Your comments allow us to ensure we are providing the best accommodation we can for guesting traveling to the area.

Loudoun County is home to a host of great destination restaurants, so I was happy to hear you were able to enjoy so of the great cuisine the County has to offer.

I hope that the next time you are in town visiting your family you will come back and visit us at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. Once again thanks for taking the time out your day to let us know about your stay. As always, we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This is another great motel to stau at. The room are clesn and well decorated. The beds are plush and comfy. It has some wonderful staff and the breakfast bar is 5 star . Stayed there with a group of motorcyclist whil traveling Gettysburg. Will definatly stay there again if Im ever bsck this way.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Travelnhome,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for letting us know about your experience at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. Your feedback helps us to ensure we continue to provide great customer service and clean and comfy suites.

I hope you all had a safe trip home and we hope that if you are ever in Leesburg in the future you will come back and see us at the Comfort Suites Leesburg.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We reserved a block of rooms for our daughter's wedding the last weekend in July. The staff was friendly and very helpful. They went out of their way for us several times. The rooms were clean and very comfortable; the breakfast was good and everything went just the way we hoped it would. A special thanks to the van driver who double checked to make sure he had all the passengers on the way home from the reception. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Mother of the Bride,

I wanted to thank you for letting us know about your wedding experience at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. Our Director of Sales Kathleen has been a wonderful addition to the hotel and the brides love working with her. Kathleen is a recent bride herself so she knows first hand what amenities brides are looking for.

Our van drivers do a great job making sure guests get to and from the wedding on time, so I am happy to hear they made sure everyone was accounted for.

Thanks for letting us know about your wedding experience at the Comfort Suites Leesburg and we hope you will come back and visit us in the future. Time to treat yourself to a mini vacation after your daughter's wedding!

Comfort Suites Leesburg

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling

Been to Comfort Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!