New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Leesburg, Virginia
“Bartender attire not appropriate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My family went to Velocity Five during a recent Capitals game. We thought it would be a fun place to watch the game as a family and get some wings etc. Most of the staff was dressed appropriately in festive attire for the game. Caps shirts and such. Some were dressed in shorts others pants. There were a few questionable wardrobe choices however.

There was one female bartender in particular though who made me and my family very uncomfortable with her sleazy and suggestive attire. Very tight black yoga pants; a red almost not there tank top cut up on the sides so you could see much of her skin. Very low cut in the front with a push up bra....yuck! It might have been OK if she had stayed behind the bar but she was also serving tables near the bar and frequently walking back and forth to the kitchen area. She seemed to be looking for attention. My son was embarrassed when she stopped by our table to say "Hi" and winked at him. He didn't know where to look. Her attire may be appropriate in some places that I would not take children.but not in a family restaurant in the burbs. We decided not to stay to watch the entire game. We had a drink and an appetizer and then left to watch the rest of the game at the nearby Green Turtle.

There were no drink or food specials during the Capitals game. Everything was a bit overpriced. I have been there for happy hour with friends before...appetizers during happy hour are well priced and so are drinks.

I would suggest that the management at Velocity Five consider a dress code and/or uniforms. I really don't like seeing someones armpits when they are serving food and beverage. Tank tops are rarely appropriate when serving food. Neither is sleazy attire.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars

Chicago, Illinois
“Really want to like this place but food needs improvement”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I love the interior of this restaurant with all the TV's and personal TV's in the booths. Great place for kids but the food is so bad. We tried them on opening night and a few times since but the food never improved. Wings came out cold, burgers are tasteless, etc. Seems like many people quit since they have very few servers nowadays.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank myorry
Nashville, TN
“Refined sports bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I happened on this bar while I was on a business trip. This was a great spot for us to watch the game. Lots of TV's in great locations through out the bar. Really great selection of beers. That was my favorite part. Great service, and I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this place. I will be coming back the next time I am in town for business, even if there isn't a game on.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank LLJ2007
Leesburg, Virginia
“One step above self-serve.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

This is not a must go to resturant. Once seated at our table, a server asked us for our drink order, that was the last we saw of him. After a long wait we flagged down another server to place our meal order, which came out wrong. No other server ever came by the entire time we were there, then we had to flag down another server to even get our check. The manager was more interested in getting the umbrellas set up on the tables outside than over seeing the operation. If you need to watch sports on tv then go, if you want a burger, stop by McD's and save your money.

• 2 of 5 stars
Napa, California
“Good for the bar food - lots of TVs to watch sports, etc.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

The name of the restaurant sums it up - Sports Restaurant and Bar - the appetizers and bar food are very good - good wines by the glass and plenty of beer on tap. There are a lot of other things on the menu but the bets things that we ordered were the bar food. Wings were OK, good french fries, I got one of the light wraps - it was HUGE and very good; the crab cake sliders looked good but smelled a little fishy - we saw other people around us that ordered the other sliders - they all looked good. This is where 'The Dock' used to be - they added another bar in the back and many TVs - it'll be a great place to watch football!!! And LOTS of outdoor seating

• Visited July 2011