“Special seating, treated like royality.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Lou Bistro - CLOSED

La Lou Bistro
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Special seating, treated like royality.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We talked to the owner earlier in the evening and said to come back, no problem with seating.
When we arrived a large party of 20 or more were sitting outside. We really wanted to sit outside after having come from Chicago's polar vortex! The owner himself brought out a table and chairs and seated us in the middle of the courtyard. We asked for recommendations and were not disappointed. Gazpacho soup,lobster ravioli, paellla, shrimp and chicken. All delicious. Wonderful wine list. The owner served us and discussed each meal. Atmosphere and service were outstanding.

• Visited June 2014

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Absolutely great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Just had lunch here because of reviews. We were not disappointed one bit. What a fabulous lunch and quaint place with fresh delicious food. Five in our party and everyone was more than pleased with their selection. Definitely need to return for paella.

Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

For a small American restaurant, this place is absolutely perfect. Amazing food, great quality and super taste. Decently priced too.

Leesburg, Virginia
“Fresh, Delicious, Creative Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Great atmosphere, owners, and food! We went there last night for my birthday dinner. The owners made us feel welcome and comfortable. The meal started with a tapenade that was outstanding, served with flatbread. I was too embarrassed to ask for more, but would have been content to make a meal out of it. Next, for appetizers we ordered the calamari (fabulous) and the bastilla (a wonderful Moroccan dish) that pleasantly surprised everybody at the table (some had never tried it before). I ordered the seafood paella.... SO good!! Dessert was a light, tangy mango and guava mousse cake that was perfection. I know I sound like I'm gushing, but it takes a lot to impress me, and this place definitely did the job. The prices range from affordable to expensive. It just depends on what you order. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited June 2014
WV
“Enjoyed the evening, food and people watching.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I believe from reading other reviews this tiny family run spot could provide many different experiences. We happened to be there on a very busy night in Leesburg. A car show was happening in the street and a live band in the Tally Ho. We were able to sit outside on a beautiful evening. Inside I think the music from next door would have been quite loud. The appetizers were huge and delicious and my crab cakes were yummy. I imagine the service is top notch when the chef is not also serving the Tally Ho crowd. It was a "relaxing" meal and we were not in a hurry so enjoyed each other's company. I would love to try again under less chaotic circumstances. I bet the vibe is totally different.

• Visited May 2014