“Enjoyed the evening, food and people watching.”
Review of La Lou Bistro

La Lou Bistro
Ranked #31 of 214 Restaurants in Leesburg
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
WV
“Enjoyed the evening, food and people watching.”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I believe from reading other reviews this tiny family run spot could provide many different experiences. We happened to be there on a very busy night in Leesburg. A car show was happening in the street and a live band in the Tally Ho. We were able to sit outside on a beautiful evening. Inside I think the music from next door would have been quite loud. The appetizers were huge and delicious and my crab cakes were yummy. I imagine the service is top notch when the chef is not also serving the Tally Ho crowd. It was a "relaxing" meal and we were not in a hurry so enjoyed each other's company. I would love to try again under less chaotic circumstances. I bet the vibe is totally different.

• Visited May 2014

Ashburn, Virginia
“Outstanding experience!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Great decor, excellent food, and outstanding hospitality. Every dish ordered was tried by everyone at the table and all were delicious! Will definitely be a repeat visitor!

• Visited May 2014
“Unparalleled Restaurant Experience”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I went here with a friend of mine and we were the only two diners; it was around three o clock. We were greeted immediately by a man who I supposed was the chef and he was very nice and conversational. The menu here is well curated, full of variety and great things to eat. It had been a long while since I'd looked at a menu and was torn between five options. Like one reviewer mentioned, I myself experienced the great quality of the "one-man class act". The food was delicious and fresh and LaLou Bistro deserves an untold amount of returns and I encourage everyone to go.

• Visited March 2014
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One-Man Class Act”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We came in for an early dinner (5pm). We were the only diners and there was only one man working in the restaurant. He greeted us graciously, then cooked and served our meals to perfection. We had paella and bouillabaisse -- both delicious. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2014
Leesburg, Virginia
“Fantastic restaurant”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Chef make fabulous dishes. There are tried and true menu items for the creatures of habits out there and and a frequently updated specials menu to die for. It's also a cozy and intimate environment and you're likely to get a visit to your table from the chef. Highly recommend.

• Visited April 2014