“Good but.....”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Washington, D.C.
“Good but.....”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Food is very good; pricey but good, maybe I should say it like that. Menu is fresh ingredient driven and a very strong wine list. Ambiance is a bit lacking, but not for lack of effort on the owners part. Very extensive menu and obvious fresh, fresh, fresh ingredients are used for everything. I'd recommend it.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank rmc1971

Falls Church, Virginia
“Quite charming”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

What a charming little restaurant. The host (I think the owner) made us feel as if we were eating in his home. We had brunch, the home fries were the best I have had in a long time. Very reasonable prices for what you get. Wish it was closer to home - I would be a regular.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Motzof4
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend this place! Great food! Tasty, delicious, well made, fresh! The best French onion soup I've had in the area!! Good service, the restaurant is connected with the theatre next door, clean, friendly stuff, fair prices! Love it!! Love it!!!

• Visited October 2013
Virginia
“We did have a light lunch, but it was so tasty”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We ordered the side pita bread with olive tapenade and it was fabulous.
The owner was friendly and our server as ell, our wine, and salad that we split was really really good.
We especially liked the piece of garlic/ Cheese slice of bread on the side.
The atmosphere was calm and cozy. I want to visit again so I can eat a big entree for dinner..

• Visited September 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great bouillabaisse!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My friend and I were looking for place to have lunch on a rainy Sunday and were reading the menu on the window when the owner came out and invited us to come in. He assured us that we would love the bouillabaisse. We came back about 45 minutes later after shopping and unfortunately the owner was gone. However, his sous chef/waiter was very nice and brought us a really fantastic lunch. We were a bit concerned that we were the only people in the restaurant and there was only one person working. However, the bouillabaisse was indeed terrific and the warm flatbread that came out with a homemade tapenade was equally delicious. The bistro salad, baklava, and coffee were also excellent. The prices were very reasonable. We paid $60 between the two of us and that included a dessert and coffee. This place is a very nice find.

Visited August 2013