“Excellent food and delightful owners.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Lou Bistro - CLOSED

La Lou Bistro
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent food and delightful owners.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

A local bistro with excellent food. I recommend the paella. The owners double as the wait staff and are very attentive. You will not be disappointed.

Leesburg, Virginia
“Delicious food, pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We were downtown needing lunch and wanted better than diner food, so we gave La Lou a try. The interior is lovely, warm and welcoming. Very nicely decorated. We didn't really check out the menu because it was hard to get past the specials. I had a chicken sandwich with an orange marmalade sauce and avocado; fabulous! My husband had Ratatouille pizza, which was also delicious. The owner is very attentive, possibly overly so, as hinted at in other posts, but we didn't mind.

The only problem we had was with our kids. There was no kids menu, he just told us to "order anything". My son asked for cheese pizza and my daughter for pasta with butter. They were both delicious, but the cheese pizza was full sized, and was $12. Hers was $10 (for a bowl of pasta with butter!!!). Our total lunch bill was over $60, which was more than we meant to spend. We should have asked about the prices of the kids' meals.

But, the food was delicious, the portions were generous, and the staff was friendly. We will definitely go back, but this time we'll get a sitter!

• Visited April 2012
Ashburn, Virginia, United States
“I can't believe I've never been here before!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

The restaurant is a little tough to find (located right next to the "Tally Ho" theatre) and is a little small holding a max of around 30-40 people. I recommend calling ahead because I had a 5:30 reservation on a saturday evening and I'm glad I made the reservation because they were turning many people away saying they are booked most of the night. Now, on to the service. Great service and very friendly staff and we had 3 staff members (owner, chef, and waitress) constantly checking up. All of the food is visually pleasing and extremely delicious. A little pricey, but it is well worth it. I tried a sample of my family's meals and desserts and they were all either the best i've had or close to it. I recommend the specials and the soups. You won't be disappointed eating out at La Lou Bistro.

• Visited March 2012
San Diego, California
“Charming, Cozy, Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We go here occasionally for lunch or dinner. The owner is delightful and really seems to have a passion for his business. That being said, he needs to take a small step back once the food is on the table. One time he chatted us up so much my soup almost got cold. Speaking of soup, it was flavorful, but a little thin for my taste ("Good Wife" soup). Salads here are excellent. And yes, you can sit outside next to the Village Green in good weather. And he's also right next door to our local cinema, so very convenient - you could conceivably send your older kids into the theater while you and the spouse have a quiet meal next door (Leesburg is extremely safe). Definitely worth stopping in if you're in the area.

• Visited December 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Paella”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

A great little bistro in downtown Leesburg. The food is well prepared and fresh. The owners are kind and very engaging. The food is very good...of note, the paella is especially good and very authentic. Dinner entrees are expensive...but, the atmosphere and wines are very enjoyable.

• Visited February 2012