WINNER WONDERLAND

The Cajun Experience
Ranked #37 of 211 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: www.cajunexperience.biz
Bluemont, Virginia, United States
“BBQ Shrimp Ma Cherie, s'il vous plait!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Cajun Experience is a regular for me and my husband. We've tried almost everything on the menu, respectively. Our favorites include the BBQ Shrimp Ma Cherie appetizer (Oh my word... I could order this by the bucket full...), the fried oysters (GULF oysters!! yay! ..although I could use a double order), fried catfish, Crawfish Po-Boy, the Etoufee is divine, and the Crawfish Mac-n-Cheese balls are staples. Not to mention they solely carry Abita beers; and Sundays their bottomless Mimosas are welcomed. The owner is very engaged and committed to each customer having a great "Cajun Experience." Can't wait for the crawfish boil!!!

• Visited April 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great concept but food not up to par”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Tried it three times, once when they first opened and twice later. I love Cajun food, but thus doesn't cut it. Good prices, good atmosphere, good beer, but blah food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Brandy Station, Virginia
“Great Cajun food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I had catfish and the Mrs had shrimp maque choux. Both were just delicious and reasonably priced. Who would guess that Leesburg would have such good authentic Cajun food.

Point of Rocks, MD
“A nice surprise on our walk.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We were out shopping and found this nice restaurant. We enjoyed the Cajun Mix (Jumbalaya and étouffée) with a cup of wonderful seafood gumbo. The beignets were great. Next time we will try eating outside in the back for more atmosphere.

“Hidden gem in Leesburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We found this place by purchasing a Groupon, and I'm so glad we did! Having been to New Orleans, we've had the real thing and the food here was JUST as delicious. The staff was very nice, and the owner chatted with us as well (he's from LA). The grilled oysters are a MUST try. I have only ever liked oysters from one other restaurant (in NOLA), but these were just as good. For me to go back for more than 1 is saying something. The entrees were also delicious (crawfish etoufee` and a cajun sampler). And a cajun meal is not complete without a beignet! We did not sample the alcohol but they had a nice selection. I hear reservations are a must on weekends, and they have an impressive menu for a Sunday Brunch. A must try if you like cajun food!

To give you an idea of the prices, the oysters were $1.50 ea ($18 for a dozen), entrees were $12-$25, and dessert was about $5. A little on the pricey side (but I had a groupon!). They did say they probably won't offer the groupons again.

We will be back regardless of the prices...with friends next time. I also hear they are expanding their patio.

• Visited March 2013