“Perfect ending to a busy morning!!”
Review of The Cajun Experience - CLOSED

The Cajun Experience
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I went to the Leesburg Garden Festival this weekend and on our way back to our car, came upon the Cajun Experience. It is located in an historic building in town and has several cozy interior dining rooms and a patio. We chose the patio since it was a gorgeous day and there was comfortable seating. Although there were two very large patio umbrellas, some of the tables were in the sun, perhaps additional umbrellas would be a good idea. There was a stage in one corner of the patio, so they must have entertainment on weekend evenings - we'll have to check that out!
We ordered po boys - one shrimp and the other blackened chicken - both flavorful - and their homemade chips were a yum! Of course, we had to have beignets, and although not as fluffy as at Cafe du Monde, they are a close second!
And I have to mention our waitress - perhaps new to this establishment, as she mentioned - but absolutely excellent! Thank you!!
We will definitely be returning!

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Maybe not as good as New Orleans - but a lot closer to home. We had two dishes and the Jumbajia was excellent. Nice and spicy and a plate full. There were several other tables full and music in the background but we were easily able to hold a conversation. The restuarant is a converted house which even feels like Old New Orleans. We were downstairs but they also serve upstairs. Right in downtown Leesburg which is a nice little town and a nice place to walk down mainstreet.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I'd give this restaurant 10 stars if I could. Little hole-in-wall type place in Leesburg, VA. We started off with appetizers; I had the fried oysters and my husband had Boudin balls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boudin). Both were terrific and generous portions. For our entrees I had the seafood gumbo with rice, which included crab, shrimp, and the all-time favorite crawfish. Again, wonderful. My husband got the chicken and sausage gumbo, very good as well. Both came with a mound of potato salad (to cool the palate!), and a toasted buttered roll. It's practically the law in New Orleans that you must end a meal with Beignets, which we did. Again they were a generous portion (4!) and I had Cafe Dumonte coffee which I was delighted they had. The beignets were hot with lots of powdered sugar. Delightful! We're coming back for Mardi Gras in a few weeks. Love this place.

1  Thank lioness2001
Reviewed February 8, 2012

The Cajun Experience is one of our favorite lunch spots in the winter! Their seafood gumbo is filled with shrimp, crawfish, veges and rice with just the right amount of heat! We usually follow our cup of gumbo with one of theri many po boy sandwiches. Always cooked to perfection on a toasty roll with their tasty remoulade sauce. I like to get a bit extra to dip their homemade potato chips:) The blackened fish is my favorite but my husband can't resist the fried oysters. The meal isn't complete without their to-dir-for beignets! If you are too full from your meal you can always take them togo!

1  Thank VerumVita
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We are from Louisiana and know cajun food very well and this was very close to being original tasting. I had the gumbo which was thick and seasoned. My husband also ordered the boudin balls and they were pretty good, not like home but not bad. The wait was kind of slow being only 1 table of 2 tables full for lunch. The cajun music and pics on wall had a very nice touch, also decorations outside with crawfish on windows. We would go back when visiting again.