“Roasted peppers, good meat and great bread... Secret to a solid lunch.”

Puccio's New York Deli
Ranked #31 of 223 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed January 12, 2013

So many deli style lunch places try. Slap some meat on a bun, some fixin's and voila, a sandwich. So wrong. Well, Puccio's, a place I have frequented down the street from my office for years keeps me coming back for more. I think everyone focuses on the meat of the sandwich (you know all those cliches encourage it, the "meat" of the deal, or the "meat" of the issue, etc.). This is a mistake. Puccino's does the quality meat, like most delis, but add now roasted peppers, and soft bread with a flaky outside and you have a true sandwich (sub, whatever). Not a lot of seating is the only thing that makes it a four star shop (instead of five). Virginia service with New York quality. So I suggest ... Grab a couple of sandwiches and walk a few hundred feet or so to WO&D bike trail park and have a great lunch!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have wondered about this place for years but am not often in town for lunch. Upon recommendation of a close friend, my husband and I gave it a try during the Leesburg Fine Arts Festival last weekend. Hubby ordered the Reuben and I ordered the Boardwalk. I have to say that I was impressed that the sandwich was so tasty and I am no stranger to authentic Italian cuisine! My friend says the Italian sub is to die for, so maybe I will try that one next time. I wish they had more outdoor seating, but I would definitely recommend Puccio's for a quick bite and I would return and order the Boardwalk again.

Reviewed December 6, 2011

Great sadwiches, esp their Reuben but everything they offer is fantastic! Indoor and outdoor seating, small place but price appropriate and tasty!

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I ate either the Brooklyn or the Broadway (can't remember) and it was excellent. Thich with meats and fresh monzarella. The bread was delicious. My friend had the chicken soup and said it was excellent, with dumpling-style noodles. Great pickles!

Reviewed February 20, 2011

Been there at least 10 times. Great sandwiches. Very good fresh mozzarella cheese. Gourmet cupcakes for dessert are also great.

Raised in NY area. Good to see someone in Northern VA who puts "NY" in its advertising actually knows what it means (for the food that is. The service is polite Virginia - I did leave the NY area after all).