“Very nice for lunch.”
Review of Palio of Leesburg

Palio of Leesburg
Reserve with OpenTable
Palio of Leesburg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 225 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The award winning Palio Ristorante Italiano is a combination of three of the premier historic buildings in downtown Leesburg, Virginia. Palio provides Leesburg's newest venue for dining, entertaining, and banquet facilities. Palio has designed and built an establishment like no other in the Washington area, utilizing unique combinations of cherry wood, onyx, and antique mirrors and chandeliers. The design has been meticulously configured into the existing space in these historic buildings. The theme of the Palio derives from the ancient horse race -beautiful and bold, risky and exciting, a feast for the eyes as well as the senses. Good music, a fine wine selection, house made pasta and bread prepared on site, and sourcing from local producers, can only be described as a beautiful experience- all presented in an historic setting that would be as comfortable in Italy as it is in Loudoun County.
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch and found nice atmosphere, good service and great food. Pasta was terrific. Caesar salad very fresh. Meatball sandwich was good. Romantic place as well. Do go!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We dined here on Easter evening. Food was fantastic! Owner/chef came to each table, to say hello and make sure everything was perfect. Very nice for special occasion.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Enjoyed a great with the girls yesterday. Great service, great atmosphere and great food. The lasagna was very good. The steak salads were huge with a good sized piece of steak.

1  Thank Marcie K
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I brought the entire family for a post-Church brunch/lunch on a Sunday afternoon. The place was mildly busy, nothing extraordinary. We each had a different dish and every meal was superb. BUT it took 2 hours and 15 minutes to get the meal. One thing to note: unlike the menu's assertion, they do not use proscuitto in some of their dishes. They used what tasted like country ham (or VA ham). You can get away with that in the South, but not with a family of New Yorkers. When I questioned the waiter, he said they used speck instead of proscuitto. I like speck, and this wasn't speck (or the chef doesn't know how to use speck). Regardless, the food was great. Anyway, this place is not for little kids. Bring your patience and your wallet.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We returned to Leesburg to visit our old neighbors who decided that we should start our evening dining at Palio's. Our party of ten received a friendly greeting from the waitress who did a good job of describing the "specials" but did not mention prices. Shame on us for not asking!
My "special" stuffed pork chop was $32 and at that price, when asked if I'd like a side salad, I assumed wrongly that it would be included. It was another $8 for a Caesar salad that was nothing more than some pieces of romaine, shaved cheese and a weakly flavored dressing without any hint of anchovie paste.
My wife ordered the lobster ravioli which was priced in line with the rest of the menu at $25. However, again, her side salad was another $7 and then her food was delivered just warm enough to eat.
She also ordered a dessert, the Crema due Gusti, which was an assemblage of pudding and creme. Looked good but, about half way through it, my wife comments that it was "absolutely tasteless". At $10, clearly the chef was prouder of this dessert than my wife was!
I had a couple of draft beers and my wife just drank tap water. Our total bill including tip was just shy of $120 for what can be best described as a mediocre dining experience.

1  Thank Trainmodeller