“The Grinch that overcharges for Christmas”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Palio of Leesburg

Palio of Leesburg
Reserve with OpenTable
Palio of Leesburg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 212 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The award winning Palio Ristorante Italiano is a combination of three of the premier historic buildings in downtown Leesburg, Virginia. Palio provides Leesburg's newest venue for dining, entertaining, and banquet facilities. Palio has designed and built an establishment like no other in the Washington area, utilizing unique combinations of cherry wood, onyx, and antique mirrors and chandeliers. The design has been meticulously configured into the existing space in these historic buildings. The theme of the Palio derives from the ancient horse race -beautiful and bold, risky and exciting, a feast for the eyes as well as the senses. Good music, a fine wine selection, house made pasta and bread prepared on site, and sourcing from local producers, can only be described as a beautiful experience- all presented in an historic setting that would be as comfortable in Italy as it is in Loudoun County.
Leesburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Grinch that overcharges for Christmas”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Customer service is terrible... we had reservations for Christmas Eve and then they called to confirm my reservation last weekend... they were acually confirming that they were going to screw me over. The advised that the chef had decided to go with a set 5 course menu with the price of $100 dollar per person. When I initially made the reservation I confrimed that they were having their standard menu, whick I new was on the high $$$ side. But holy crap I have a family of four with two kids which would cost me 400-500 for one dinner. So we definelty could not afford that. All this and now I need to find another place with short notice. The manager was very rude and just kept telling me it was my misunderstatnding instead of just admitting they greedy SOB's and wanted to change the terms of our reservations. We must not be their type of customers ... nor will we be in the future

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank jeremy20176

Leesburg, Virginia
“Excellent food, good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

We've been twice to this hidden gem in Leesburg and have had fantastic experience on both occasions. Just off the main street of Leesburg, Palio may not look like much from the outside but once you are upstairs it is considerably bigger than I thought it was. The wine list is good (not great) for an Italian restaurant and you will find something appealing. The food was very good and very authentic Italian.

• Visited September 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Too busy to help me”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was planning a weekend getaway including a nice dinner and overnight stay in the Leesburg area. I selected Palio for dinner and was looking for a hotel or Bed & Breakfast nearby. I called the restaurant mid day on a Friday, said I would be visiting from out of town and asked for suggestions for hotel or B&Bs in the area. The woman who answered the phone was kind, but could not give me the name of even one hotel. She asked me to hold while she looked for help then came back and said the manager was "too busy to help" me. No offer to call me back, no suggestion of a better time for me to call. Just - we are to busy for you.

This visit would have helped me determine if I wanted to host a large budget corporate dinner at Palio next year. Now I will never even set foot in there door. Way to go Palio!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Meg G
“After an hour we had no food and no explanation avoid!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Worst brunch experience ever. We sat at our table for an hour, had beg for a coffee refill and had t he waiter tell us a few more minutes 3 times over the course of a half an hour. We finally got up to leave , leaving cash on he table and were not even approached by the waiter to offer any apology.

2 Thank squibrres
Providence, Rhode Island
“ARROGANT AND PISSY”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

First time here--read their website about their happy hour and tapas etc. This is our way of checking a restaurant out.
We were greeted beautifully by the hostess who was interrupted by what I presume was the owner manager?? This dirty blonde, bespectacled woman was rude and unwelcoming. We went to the bar area. The waiter came--again an heir of arrogance but I WAS DETERMINED to win him over. We did--he was very cool.
After numerous changes in menu etc--we finally ordered. The food was ok--lobster ravioli--only 5 for $25 was good but price was ridiculous. I ordered meatballs--came in a long slim plate --small--apparently 10 of them w sauce and mozzarella-- $25!!! Are you kidding!! When the check came there was definitely going to be a problem. Amazingly a man who knew my son was serving in Afghanistan paid our bill! As my Dad would say--"Expensive macaroni!". .

• Visited November 2012