“Excellent eggplant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Alexandria, Virginia
“Excellent eggplant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

The thing that sticks out to me about this restaurant is how friendly everyone was. Several employees checked on us to make sure our meal was a pleasant experience. I ordered eggplant in ginger garlic sauce and it was delicious.

1 Thank WheresKnoxNow

DC
“Decent food and price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

They have a wide range of selections on their menu, from pho to stir fry noodles to dishes with rice. I love pho but my husband is not as enthusiastic so a Vietnamese restaurant that offers non-pho options is always welcome. Regular-sized pho is enough for lunch. I would order order large pho if I'm very hungry. Husband had eggplant with ginger and garlic sauce. We also ordered spring rolls and chicken satay. Food quality was good and staff was friendly.

• Visited September 2012
Smith Mountain Lake
“My Number One For Vietnamese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I like Vietnamese food. I love good Vietnamese food and, here, it is very good. I live four hours away from Xuan Saigon and it is the only restaurant stored in "favorites" on my GPS. If it is within striking distance, I am there. The menu is extensive, every meal that I have ordered has been superb, the owner is gracious and the wait staff helpful and friendly. Try it and you will be back. That's is a fact!

• Visited July 2012
Washington DC
“Best Pho around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

My family eats here no less than weekly. Pho is always good and greens are fresh. Try the chicken Pho, its a great lower fat option. The fried ginger lime tofu is a great starter.

Expect service to be hit or miss with the crowds. You dont have to wait for a check. When your done, and this is optional, just go up to the front and they will ring you up.

1 Thank Beltway_Hater
Oceanside, California
“Fresh, Flavorful Alternative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We like Xuan Saigon - especially when we're tired of the cr*ap we cook at home, and the regular fast or fastish food places in town. The Pho is always great, a great value, and comes with fresh sprouts, lime, jalapeno, and all the spices you need to make it your own! I like the rice noodle dishes with grilled meat or shrimp - also served with fresh vegetables and fish sauce. Awesome! Once in a while our waiter will lose track of us, but usually we're okay. Recommended!

Visited March 2012