“Not the same....now terrible!”
Review of Angeethi - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Angeethi
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: a real hidden gem - authentic Indian cuisine, great bar with Indian, international and Indian beers and drinks, quiet and warm lighting that makes a perfect date night
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I used the frequent the one in Herndon, and honestly, always enjoyed. I went to the one in leesburg, at the holiday inn, and oh my.....I will NEVER go back again. The lamb, had the skin still on...and by the way, I'm just hoping it was lamb. The food was not Fresh, the meat tough, which included two chicken dishes, one lamb, and samosas. The on tt ing that I would evensaywas just ok, was the samosas. I hate to see this as I used to like this place, buti am now never eating at this restaurant, or the one in Herndon. I'll stay with Minerva in Herndon for now.

1  Thank myexperiencematters

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Although the entrees were great, they forgot to bring our appetizer. Then they insisted on bringing it out after our food was there and that it would be free. They were so busy making decisions for us they couldn't hear us asking them to keep the food warm and bring the appetizer first! The appetizer was NOT as described on the menu, so be sure to ask questions about the ingredients you expect in your food. I really didn't want potato-spinach pakora with my palak paneer but was looking for the "eggplant, cauliflower, onion, potato" pakora described on the menu. Then the guy who considers himself a chef made a special trip to our table to tell us he was right after all and showed us the description which did not say "spinach" at all....no apology, just rudeness. Then he took half our dirty dishes and left the rest when he asked if we wanted dessert. We declined. After a wait, we asked the other guy for the check because we couldn't wait to get out of there. We left the money in the folder and headed out. The rude guy came along with a chocolate cake and a shocked look on his face that we were leaving! He was insulted that we didn't return to the table and appreciate his cake....

1  Thank RyeNChuck
Reviewed April 21, 2012

It appears the food has changed, but not for the better, with the move. The setting of the restaurant is strange--in an old house adjacent to a new(ish) Holiday Inn in a room that looks like a pub. In fact, the Holiday Inn, I believe, serves (American) breakfast there.

We had so-so samosas and undistinguished sag paneer and vegetable korma. The naan was torched on one side, but the unburt part was fine. Service was just okay.

Had the lunch buffet also. It was extensive and the sag paneer tasted better than it did at dinner, and there was a delish roasted-type potato dish. Otherwise, it was nothing to write home about.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Angeethi Leesburg has More Choices of vegetarian food. Since Vikas Joined Here its getting better and best. He was in Herndon before that they was good now he is here i am sure this place gonna be a good one

Reviewed October 6, 2011

I have dined on Chinese in Germany, Thai in France, Balkan in Italy, and Indian in Innsbruck, Austria. Then we stumbled into this little restaurant. Fantastic! Excellent service and appetizers. The palak and tandoori are fantasitcally prepared, and the chicken marsala will make you sweat but you want more and more. A great find and a wonderful precedent for this little restaurant. Highly recommend it. Next time we are in VA, we will make the trip to dine here again. And perhaps again after that.