“Great adventure for the family!”

Leesburg Animal Park
Ranked #9 of 79 things to do in Leesburg
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We came here with our five grandchildren and our two daughters. I had been here before, about a year ago, and I think the new indoor visitor center is wonderful; it really adds a lot more value to the price of admission. The children, ranging in age from 20 months to nine years, had so much fun feeding the animals and playing on all the marvelous wooden playsets and the moon bounce. We enjoyed the short wagon ride while the little boys admired all the tractors!

Unlike some animal parks, this one is tidy and clean, and the animals appear healthy and well-cared for. There is a nice covered patio where you can have a snack, with an outdoor handwashing station beside it, as well as very clean indoor bathrooms.

We adults were tired after spending almost three hours walking around outside, but the kids were filled with energy again when they climbed into the huge indoor playgym. It was hard to make them leave, but we bribed them out with promises of a fast food lunch.
We highly recommend this attraction for a family day out!

1  Thank Anne C

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Brought my 6 yr old, spent around 4 hours at the park. $14.95 gets the kids a VIP pass with pony ride and food for the animals.. its not the largest place but had plenty to see and do. We enjoyed our time there.. Would say if you have smaller children and are in the area, definitely consider this park.

1  Thank Eddie D
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is a nice place to go see a few animals up close and interact with friendly farm animals. They don't have exotic animals or big, impressive exhibits, but my 7/8 year old daughter enjoyed spending a couple of hours here. You can buy a good sized cup of food for a few dollars, and have fun feeding the sheep, goats and cattle by hand. The hayride, which is included, takes you down to see the zebras. The new welcome center is fantastic; huge improvement over the old facilities. I hope to see them grow.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

The animals are welled cared for, lots for the kids to do, we brought a picnic lunch and made a day of it. Wiped the kids out, not only with fun but with learning. They had a blast on the pony rides..

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I came here with my grandson and it had changed a lot since our last visit. The new indoor area really has five areas. The central area is where you enter, pay, and run the gauntlet of souvenir toys. To your right, you'll see an activity area for crafts and another room for parties. Left of the central area you'll find a large indoor play area that is twice the size of what you'll find at a Chick-fil-A or McDonald's. My grandson really liked the small trampoline area. The last area is more of a classroom display area. There are some animals that are housed just off this area. You'll also find that you can purchase drinks and ice cream in here, but that's it for food.
Outdoors you'll find more animals on your left, including a petting zoo. The bird area was locked, but you could see peacocks within. Further down you'll find the duck pond as well as another pond area and an area to gather for the wagon rides. In addition, there is a large wooden ship and bounce area good for large groups of kids. There were picnic tables galore along the shady area as you exit the building.
In reality, I thought that the Animal Park's new design was more conducive to large groups of kids. It'd be a good place for a birthday party because there was something for everyone. It's also a decent place to go on a rainy day because of the new indoor areas. There was a school camp visiting on the day that we were there.
The thing I liked the least about this place was the wagon ride. It was in a very confined area and was very short. There wasn't a lot of variety to the animals. They had several zebras, a few odd bovines, llamas, donkeys, and a camel that they didn't even stop to mention.
I'm sure I'll be back, but it will be the play areas rather than the animals that will have me return.

1  Thank VEC24