“Fun, Small..”

Leesburg Animal Park
Ranked #9 of 79 things to do in Leesburg
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is a fun thing to do if you are in Leesburg looking for something to do, especially with kids. It's a MUCH smaller version of the Natural Bridge Zoo.. I think the Natural Bridge zoo is the best of the "petting zoo" type places, but the Leesburg Animal Park is fun. I was a bit surprised with the cost but it was still decently fun and worth going!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

It's great to have it around, and we have gone many time, and will go back. However, considering the price, I wish they had more there to do. It's a 30-40 min experience if you take your time. Hard to swallow spending real dollars for that. I'd rarther drive an hour to DC or the Catoctin Animal park which is awesome by the way...

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Free apples, free cider, fun games. It is overwhelming when you first get there.

The staff is wonderful and very caring towards the animals. It is worth the trip from DC.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Took my 5 year old son here for a few hours of something different, the price is a little high for what is there but I guess food is expensive. There is a 'petting zoo' feature that was nice when there was only one or two other families in it but alone the animals crowed us and scared my son and too many other families you couldn't get close to the animals to feed them. They do have a sink and lots of antibacterial lotion around to clean up after feeding the rather expensive food to the animals.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I had a nice day here with my family and 2 year old son. There is a good variety of well cared for animals and a dedicated if thin stretched staff. There is also a hayride with only two stops one to see a handful of zebras and the other to see some carp and geese in a pond. The high point for me were the two giant tortoises. There is also a small playground and there was a bouncy castle set up the day we were there. Give yourself a couple hours and go have a good time.