WINNER WONDERLAND

Leesburg Animal Park
Washington DC, District of Columbia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Nice for the kids, but pretty small for a decent fee”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

It's great to have it around, and we have gone many time, and will go back. However, considering the price, I wish they had more there to do. It's a 30-40 min experience if you take your time. Hard to swallow spending real dollars for that. I'd rarther drive an hour to DC or the Catoctin Animal park which is awesome by the way...

Visited July 2012

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A small zoo with a pumpkin festival!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Free apples, free cider, fun games. It is overwhelming when you first get there.

The staff is wonderful and very caring towards the animals. It is worth the trip from DC.

Sterling, Virginia, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ok place for an hour or two”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Took my 5 year old son here for a few hours of something different, the price is a little high for what is there but I guess food is expensive. There is a 'petting zoo' feature that was nice when there was only one or two other families in it but alone the animals crowed us and scared my son and too many other families you couldn't get close to the animals to feed them. They do have a sink and lots of antibacterial lotion around to clean up after feeding the rather expensive food to the animals.

Visited September 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Skip the hayride”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I had a nice day here with my family and 2 year old son. There is a good variety of well cared for animals and a dedicated if thin stretched staff. There is also a hayride with only two stops one to see a handful of zebras and the other to see some carp and geese in a pond. The high point for me were the two giant tortoises. There is also a small playground and there was a bouncy castle set up the day we were there. Give yourself a couple hours and go have a good time.

DC
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Good place to go if you get a special deal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

We took our almost 2-yr old son to the park. We have been to the Reston Zoo before. The facility is not as nice as the Reston Zoo but they are very similar. Lots of small animals for kids to see and feed, many of which I cannot name. They do have the standard animals like turtles, camels, horses, pigs, goats, donkeys, chickens that roam around and hang out with other animals. I didn't see sinks for washing hands but there were a few hand sanitizer dispenser. The entire place is outdoor except the little half open gift shop and the little hut which is the ticketing office, so pick a day when it's not likely to rain. There's a little playground area and a moon bounce as well. The wagon ride was pretty boring. Half of the times we could not hear the guide and my son was not too interested being confined in the trailer. Other than that he had a good time.

Visited September 2012