The National Conference Center
Comfort Suites Leesburg(Leesburg)(Great Value!)
$129
$128
$110
$124
Hampton.com
Lansdowne Resort and Spa(Leesburg)
$219
$93
  • Breakfast included
$99
SpringHill Suites
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

All reviewslarge desk areafollow the signsrooms are pretty smallattending trainingsleeping roomgreat dessertshotel resortenjoy your stayexecutive cheffresh fruitpotomac rivermain buildingcoffee makergymchoosesverizonamenity
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The National Conference Center is simultaneously a beautiful facility and a rather stark location. The site is located in Northern Virginia, close to Tyson's Corners and Dulles airport. It is beautifully located in a park like setting and the buildings a lovely. The center is made up of two main buildings plus a center registration area. The building has sleeping rooms around the parameter and meeting rooms in the core. There is also a large dining room and a cocktail lounge.

The sleeping rooms are small with a double bed, large desk area, chest of drawers and flat screen tv. The bathroom is normal hotel room sized with a shower. The room is not fancy but extremely clean. The air-conditioning worked marvelously (it was in the high 90's the whole time I was there). The rooms are built in pods with shared sitting areas for every ten or so rooms. Almost everyone from our small group was in the same location so the sitting area became our common "living room." The only complaint was that there is a limited range of TV channels to watch but all the basics, CNN, etc. are provided.

The meeting rooms are outstanding. Very comfortable chairs, well designed and fully equipped. There is a break area for each group of meeting rooms with coffee and soda plus some snacks.

The dinning room is gigantic and is served from two cafeteria lines. There is a full breakfast, a nice lunch with a choice of entrees, hamburgers, salad bar, etc. Dinner is similar to lunch. The food was basic but well prepared. Nothing to rave about, but also nothing to complain about. The Black Olive cocktail lounge is a sports bar with TVs , pool table and darts. The bartender, Wanda, actually seemed to remember what everyone drank after the second night and the drink prices were well below "hotel prices."

Everything is poured concrete so it seems a bit cold and it takes two days to find your way around through the maze of hallways. (the key is to walk outside if the weather is good--it ends up being much shorter). Overall it felt like being in a very well maintained college dorm. But it serves the purpose of providing an excellent conference facility at very reasonably prices. I was there for five days and would book another conference there without question. Every staff person I met was outstanding and the front desk people could not have been more helpful.

Room Tip: Be sure your room is in the same building as your meeting rooms. Otherwise it could be a very long walk.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Hewesema
NCCmeet, Public Relations Manager at The National Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Hewesa,

Thank you for such an extensive review of our property. You offered great advice for planners and business travelers which we appreciate it. We are thrilled to hear your group utilized the area outside the guest rooms as a "common living room," as that's the intentions of the space. Thank you for appreciating our proper meeting room equipment; it's an worth-while conference center investment for your meeting success. I look forward to sharing your feedback about Wanda and the front desk. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

The facility is extremely large with about 4 enormous seperate buildings containing guest rooms, lecture halls, and dining facilities. If I were to guess, I would estimate the building was built in the 1970s, with no apparent logical design layout. I was there for 5 days, and during that time got lost every day, including upon check-out. There is no direct route from one building to the next - perhaps the idea was to allow the guests to enjoy the scenery? Even within the buildings, it is anyone's guess as how to get from the front door to the dining room or your room.

As a plus - everyone working at The National Conference Center is very friendly and helpful. The food was good and had a lot of variety.

The down-side was definitely the rooms. They were very small - my suitcase had to be carried over the bed because it was too wide to roll past the bed and the bathroom wall. The airconditioner cycles very loudly every 7-10 minutes, waking you up. When I checked in I found a palmetto bug (looks like a 5 inch cockroach) dead in the middle of my bathroom floor. Room service was very helpful when I asked someone to clean it up and check under the bed for more :) I never found another one, but I met someone who said that he found the same type of bug three days in a row in his room. We were both on the 4th floor of the blue building - so maybe it's a problem isolated to that area? But to clinch the review - I found a bug bite here and there over the course of my time there, but on the last morning I found six very itchy bug bites on my legs and arms. I had checked the bed for bed bugs on my first morning and didn't see any, but whatever bit me was definitely in the bed.

I left my clothes and toiletries in the suitcase, never unpacked, and kept my suitcaze zippered closed at all times.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank travelgirl703

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review NCC. We would love for you to enjoy the scenery and the outdoors. However, the best tip for navigating across campus is to focus on the building and meeting room number. For instance, N4.108 is North Building > Fourth Floor > Room 108. I consider the colors a good way to jog your memory of a general area.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the food and everyone was very friendly. Unfortunately due to our proximity to the great outdoors, there can be the occasional occurrence of "wildlife." I spoke to the Front Desk and we do not have any reports of bed bugs. I apologize for the incident and hope we can make it right next time during your stay.

We'd like to see you again for your next event!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I recently stayed here for a wedding and the place was nice. The suites are large compared to the standard room. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. Having the wedding at West Belmont Place made it easy to go back and forth to the room when needed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The staff was extremely helpful and provided great service in all faucets. Rooms are small, but the "compound" was enormous and definitely built for large functions. Should accommodate any size group, but, I can't tell you how many times I got lost! It is also far from any public transit, so, don't plan on going anywhere if you are here w/o a vehicle.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
NCCmeet, Public Relations Manager at The National Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review NCC. You're right that NCC is a large facility. I'm sorry to hear that you were lost; all certified conference centers are required to have dedicated conference rooms separate from living and leisure areas. However our sales and conference planning managers do try their best to secure meeting space that is convenient for the groups to reach the dining room and their guest rooms.

I hope we can have you back with us and help you plan a fun leisure activity off-site. We have a shuttle service that runs regularly to see the DC monuments, Loudoun County's wine country, the Leesburg outlet mall and the Dulles Town Center (see here: http://www.conferencecenter.com/media/docs/pdf/GetAwayandExplore.pdf). It's more economical than renting a car if you're wanting to get away and explore.

Please let us know next time you'll be back. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I had the pleasure to host a conference earlier this year at NCC and was very pleased with the choice. If you are accustomed to conferences at large hotels or convention centers, the NCC may seem a little less swanky. But it's an affordable conference center location, with enough amenities to help people unwind in the evening yet keep them focused during the day.

The grounds are beautiful and secluded from the distractions of DC. Great walking trails and relaxing outdoor space. Very nice fitness facilities too. The service and support from the staff was also outstanding. I had a maintenance issue in my room and they quickly moved me to another room. The staff even helped gather up and move my luggage and clothes. They were equally attentive to all of our meeting needs. Wi-fi was great and the meeting rooms were very nice. Yes, the complex is a maze and much of the decor is utilitarian. But the sleeping rooms are clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. The whole facility is functional but not fancy.

The only thing that keeps me from giving the NCC a five star rating was the food. It's very institutional and offers limited choices. Some of the dinner entree choices I found to be very odd.The food quality, choices and cafeteria design are very much like a college dining hall. If there are multiple conferences, it gets very crowded and noisy. Not a particularly good or relaxing experience. I've stayed in some comparable conference centers with much better food and dining atmosphere. I ended up eating a few of my dinners in the sports bar (which is great, by the way).

All in all, NCC is a good choice if your organization wants an affordable, functional facility. We are giving serious consideration to bringing our conference back next year.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Laura,

Thank you so much for reviewing us. Your title "Affordable and professional conference center" is exactly what we strive towards. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the relaxed distraction-free setting, fitness center, meeting and guest rooms.

I am sorry to hear the food options were limited at dinner. If you have a moment, please email me at svining@conferencecenter.com with further feedback so I can share it with our Executive Chef and make the appropriate menu revisions. It is great to hear you were able to eat in Black Olive as well. However, I do want to gather more details to make these changes and accommodate groups in the dining room.

We look forward to hopefully seeing your group again next year. Thank you again!