“Best kept secret”

The Wine Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 212 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best kept secret”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My sweetheart and I were in the area and searched for a place to eat. Since this was rated #1 while we preferred the menu reading it from window of a place up the street we decided to stick with the rating of this restaurant. I am so glad we did, the food, wine, and service were excellent, I would strongly recommend as it is worth the trip

Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Excellent flavor...watch for salt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had dinner here Sunday evening after shopping at the Premium Outlet. Overall it was a very enjoyable meal. The only problem for me was that the food was on the salty side. I first had the scallops--delicious, with a bit too much salt. I then ordered the mussels, very good, except the grits and sausage at the bottom was too strong relative to the mussels and very salty. I had one flight of white wine (tasting for 3) and one red tasting; they came in with fun descriptions and were all excellent.

I know I will be back in Leesburg soon--I like two stores in the Premium Oultet--Theory and Le Creuset, both with regular merchandize in an orderly display. I plan to go back to the Wine Kitchen but will ask the chief to put less salt in my food.

1 Thank Edgeworth66
Centreville, Virginia
“Tasty little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Been here several times with my husband. The food there is always tasty--love their use of local, seasonal ingredients. As the name suggests, they have a wonderful wine list--complete with wine flights for tastings--that feature local wineries in addition to some of their own favorites. Every time we have gone I have gotten something different to eat--which is saying something, I am a creature of habit that tends to always order the same few/favorite things. Never had anything I didn't like.

The few, minor down sides. The Leesburg location is very, VERY small. They have a location in Frederick, MD that is much larger and also offers outdoor seating. If you are thinking about going with a group, a trip to Frederick might be worthwhile. We have never made reservations (we tend to go on random week nights), but I would recommend doing so on a Friday/weekend night. It is a bit on the pricey side for the portions you get. These aren't your typical, oversize restaurant portions, but I feel like you are getting quality over quantity here for sure.

Also, at the Leesburg location the closest parking is in the downtown parking garage (I believe the garage entrance is on Market St). The parking garage is right behind the strip of shops and restaurants on King St--I believe parking is free on the weekends.

• Visited December 2012
“Spent the entire afternoon at the Wine Kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I saw the review of the Wine Kitchen in Trip Advisor, so since we were planning to walk around downtown Leesburg, I added this to my itinerary. And I am so delighted that I did. The Wine selection is wonderful - especially the option of the Tastings which provided a great opportunity to experience the many excellent options on the wine list.

And then there is the food - which was wonderful. We had a few small plates including the mussels and salads. We stopped there for lunch, and didn't leave until after the beginning of Happy Hour. The ambience is charming. The background music very appropriate. The staff was both helpful and very friendly. This restaurant is a delight - and we will be back again.

Leesburg, Virginia
“Tasty Food, bit pricey, small portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Went to dinner with two coworkers here for a night on the town, before hitting a bar. Locally sourced food, much of it organic, decent wine selection (had a good US red Merlot) and a chicken dish. Very tasty and somewhat filling, but expected more for my $25-30 bill (don't remember the exact cost). One thing to note for those of you new to town or visiting- Leesburg charges a locality tax on top of the state sales tax, specifically for eating out and lodging (hotels and B&Bs), a couple percent but still surprising the 1st time you see it.

Visited September 2012