“We thoroughly enjoyed it!”
Review of The Wine Kitchen

The Wine Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 216 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Alexandria, Virginia
“We thoroughly enjoyed it!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stopped here for lunch on a holiday weekend. We left our names and took a stroll. We came back and were seated promptly. The staff was attentive and personable. We had the wine tasting sampler with our lunch - and we enjoyed everything. The food was delicious and plated nicely, reflecting a sense of art in their cooking. The atmosphere was relaxed and casual, albeit busy, suggesting to us that the patrons know a good thing when they see it. Good for couples and small groups. There was a little couch-seating, but most seats were at the bar or on stools at high tables. Not an environment where young children would be comfortable IMHO.

Visited May 2013

Ashburn, Virginia
“Yup, it's a winner.........”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

New to the area and anxious to find the best places to impress visiting friends and family. Have been to numerous DC restaurants and have to say this tops almost all of them. Yes, it's a bit loud, and certainly cozy. The wine offerings are fun and varied, but go here for the food. We split the gnocchi, light and very flavorful and then I had scallops and hubby had the mahi mahi. Both were fresh, perfectly prepared and oh so delicious. Loved the sides and sauces. The main dishes aren't huge so plan to have a starter, salad or dessert. We cleaned our plates and left full but not stuffed. Can't wait to return with visitors.

• Visited June 2013
Connecticut
“Amazing! Go here!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My Husband and I choose this place based on its Yelp reviews, and man, are we glad we did! The place is cute, but super small. I am not sure if they take reservations, but we went for an early meal (6pm) and only had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated. They do have a bar. Service was good, and what I assume might have been the manager or owner was super nice – saying hello, bye, and thank you. They had a decent wine list, and more fun, a bunch of different wine flights to choose from (3 different wines for approx. $10). The food was amazing. I got fish; my husband got the ‘chicken & waffles’ (quail). Everything was awesomely good. I wish I could have ordered a second dish. We did get dessert and we licked that plate as well! Very fresh and the restaurant has its individual style as far as dishes. I wish there was one of these near us!

Washington
“Lovely Bistro!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We enjoyed our delicious lunch at the Wine Kitchen. Not really planning ahead, we wandered through Leesburg looking for a lunch place. The wine kitchen had the most interesting menu and it was nearly full. We lucked out - and had an amazing meal. The philosophy of locally grown and raised comes together beautifully in a menu where it is hard to making a decision - it is all so appealing. Loved the wine flights too - a nice way to do some wine tasting and you can buy the wine by the bottle (discounted) to take home.

Millwood, Virginia
“Trendy”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We just had a delightful experience at The Wine Kitchen. It was just my husband and myself, so we opted to sit at the bar, the stools have backs, we did a flight of wine each with a app of cheese fondue and meatballs..it's all farm to table, the staff is knowledgable and friendly. It's defiently a place we will return to!