“Cute for what it is”

Historical White's Ferry
Ranked #1 of 79 things to do in Leesburg
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Decided to add a trip on White's Ferry to add some flavor and atmoshere to my day driving through the country side. We were headed to a winery from the Maryland side so this was a great alternative to driving around and up 66 or 267. We had to wait for 2 cycles of round trips before we got onto the ferry. It was all of about 25 minutes which was a nice pause to driving. At $5 a trip ($8 RT), it is cheaper then the tolls in VA and a lot more scenic :)))

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This quaint Potomac crossing is a must, if you need to get from Montgomery County, Maryland to extreme northeastern Virginia, or vice versa. Beautfiful, scenic, and relaxing

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I went down there to pick up my son and husband who were biking the C and O Canal trail. Once you decide from the Virginia side you are going to do it, you have to go. There is no turn around or parking lot, which I was looking for. I took the ferry over and waited in the large lot there and rode it back to the Virginia side to go home. Very fun though.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

It might seem silly to take the ferry, but is really is kind of fun, especially if you have a young kid with you. The White family has been operating this for generations. It is a huge money-maker for them but this doesn't detract from my fun going for the short ride.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We live in Leesburg, so we have used the ferry many times. I would use it just for the experience, but if you need to cross the Potomac, it is a fun way. They allow you to get out of the car, which is fun for kids when the weather is nice. Make sure you check to see if it is open after a huge rainstorm. Sometimes the water is too high and they have to close.

1  Thank Boonstra