“Very Good!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I've had several sandwiches here over the months and just this past weekend I had the Corn Beef Reuben. It was outstanding, but I do wish they would have left a little bit of the sour in the sauerkraut. I understand that some people don't like the sour taste, but that's why they call it sauerkraut.

I've had other sandwiches here over the months. They have also been very good. You have to place your order at the counter, but they will bring it to your table. Tables for have always been clean and floors have been swept.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Like: nice, healthy sandwich choices. Good, fresh bread, nice eating area.
Dislike: when doing takeout...always a long wait.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a good stable deli - my husband had the bar b Q sandwhich that we both thought was great and I have a roast beef sandwhich just as I had requested! Cant ask for more than that.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Deli South is a great fall back if you forgot your lunch of want to grab something quick. I have been coming to this place for several years and I am happy with the consistent quality of the food. Being at the outskirts of the greater DC, unfortunately the sandwiches are pricy but that is typical for the sandwich shops in town. Best sandwich is the Josh Mosby--pulled pork BBQ. Funny enough I think it is also the best BBQ in town. Don't expect too much in terms of services but the food is at least good.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

THis place could be so much more but the owner has a grumpy personality and seems to hire the same if not grumpy then definitely aloof personality types.The atmosphere is cold any time of the year.

1  Thank terrymcenaney