New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
New York CIty
“Solid”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

We came to the Landsdowne for a bachelorette weekend- and I must say we had a GREAT time. The resort is clearly a destination in itself, as there is not a whole alot around it- There were some great wineiries and antique shops nearby, but otherwise, i wouldnt consider it a vacation destination because of the city, the resort however is very nice. Spotlessley clean and smells of an upscale spa when you walk inside. All the staff were very kind with the exception of the bar staff who were a bit gruff and maybe overworked, there were tons of events happening that night ,so i think they were stretched thin making drinks in the main bar in the lobby. The Pool is fantastic as well, great waterslides and a neat zero entry pool that you can just stroll into!! There was a indoor pool, and there seemed to be ALOT of chlorine in all of them, I can still smell it after showering a day later!! Rooms were very well decorated, but had an odd smell of friction, like something was burning but didnt cause us alarm, it was probably the A/C. We were in a great corner room the -03 rooms with two double beds and a huge balcony overlooking the Potomac and the surrounding forest. All in all we had a great time and the resort is beautiful with gracious staff. Another nice thing was when we had to leave early they had free coffee set up so you could grab a cup to go. Great touch!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

This resort speaks for itself. It is nicely located between two shopping areas and the service there is amazing. The resort was clean, the employees were friendly and very helpful and it was a very relaxing atmosphere.

If I had to say anything bad about the resort, I would say that the specialty drink prices were a little high and the beds were not comfortable for what you are paying to stay there. We woke up every night with small back pains. But overall, I will give it a 5 star rating. As an travel agent, I would recommend this Resort to all my clients trying to get away. And I will definitely visit it again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LuxuriousTravels
Freehold, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

We stayed at the Lansdowne in August of 2010 for five days with three children.

High marks for this hotel. It is a great retreat for those in the NJ/NY metropolitan area looking for a resort vacation but are unable to swing the normal Florida/Mexico/Island thing.

Check in was painless and pleasant. Everyone was nice, but I have to highlight the guys at the front door. They could not do enough for you.

Our room was spacious and clean. They had almost everything you would expect from a four-star except for a minibar, refrigerator, or safe. (Hence the reason for four stars instead of five)

Housekeeping did a very good job each day which is extremely important to my wife who is very picky.

They have three great outdoor pools and one indoor pool. The main pool has a water slide which was good for my little guys. The pool area is very nice, and there is a pool bar and grille which is expensive but good.

The restaurants were very nice. We ate at two of them and had good meals. The upstairs restaurant had pool tables which my son and I used every night. (They allow minors to play unitl 10:00 p.m.)

The gym was nice too. I used it twice.

All in all, it was a great week. I would recommend the Landsowne to anyone looking for a chill-by-the-pool week, a headquarters for visiting Civil War spots, or a romantic getaway.

Some reviews criticized the hotel for not having flat screen tv's. They don't, but their televisions are fine.

From the Landsowne we did the Balls Bluff Battlefield, Leesburg, Manassas, and D.C. It is a great hotel in a great state. Thanks Lansdowne.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
sgtpepa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2010

I booked here as my nephew was getting married. I booked early and got one of only 2 Alcove suites.
Upon checking in to the room, 821, the room smelled like dog urine. We asked the bellman if they allowed pets and were told they did. We down graded to a king room which was ok for the wedding rate but nothing great.

• Stayed September 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

My husband and I recently got married at Lansdowne and had a wonderful experience thanks to Leslie Eyster and the staff at Lansdowne. Over the past 9 months of planning, Leslie was always quick to respond and assist with any questions or concerns our families had. The ceremony was more beautiful than we thought it could be and the cocktail hour and reception went smoothly with the help of Leslie and our wonderful banquet manager, Millie. Over the weekend, we enjoyed the spa, pool, and golf courses. Everyone was thrilled with their time spent at the resort and could not have been happier with the rooms, the staff, and all of the food. Our wedding cake was also AMAZING thanks to the pastry chef who created a cake to perfectly match a picture I sent.

• Stayed August 2010
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

With the help of Ashley, our daughter had a beautiful wedding at Lansdowne. Ashley's attention to detail, knowledge of the resort and calming personality resulted in a fabulous wedding which was stress free for the bride and us. Once we made the decisions, Ashley pulled it all together so we could relax and enjoy the day.
The ceremony was held outside on the terrace with a beautiful view. The reception in the clubhouse ballroom was ideal for seating 160, allowing room for a 9 piece band, dance floor and 5 food stations. The food was all wonderful, our guests raved about the crab cakes in particular, but mostly we just heard that it was "the best wedding reception ever." The service was excellent with special attention to the bride and groom which allowed them to eat and drink effortlessly, a waiter just regularly appeared with food and their favorite drinks! Our guests were treated courteously and the staff from servers to clean-up were friendly and helpful throughout the reception.
We used the resort as a mini-destination wedding with most of our family and many friends staying for 3 nights. The bar area is large and welcoming for large groups. We gathered there every evening for some friendly competitions and a lot of visiting.
The pool was our daily gathering point and it was fun for all ages.
We scheduled a nine-hole "just for fun" golf tournament one morning and the 20 golfers had a great time on the beautiful course. Once again the Lansdowne staff was an essential part of planning a fun and well coordinated event.
The rooms were comfortable although with so many activities we didn't spend much time in them!
I highly recommend Lansdowne (and Ashley) for an elegant, welcoming and well coordinated wedding or any other special event.
I would highly recommend Lansdowne

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

My husband and I recently hosted our wedding at Lansdowne Resort. We had guests stay at the resort for 2-3 nights while holding our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at the resort. We can't even begin to thank our coordinator, Leslie Eyster, for EVERYTHING that July weekend! It truly could not have been a better weekend for me, my husband or my family. Leslie and ALL of the people at Lansdowne made our job so easy, and everything was even better than we had pictured or planned for! We have received so many compliments from our guests on the venues, accommodations, and service. I know everyone, myself and my husband included, had one of the best weekends of our lives and Leslie and Lansdowne are a huge part of that. Thank you so much for everything you did/organized/planned etc. to make it so unbelievably enjoyable and memorable for us all. We had several friends say that they would love to also use Lansdowne for their future weddings as well, so I hope to be visiting again in the coming years!

Thank you again for everything! Words don't do justice to the amount of gratitude we have for all of the Lansdowne staff, especially Leslie!

• Stayed July 2010
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
#3 of 7 in Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Courtyard Dulles Town Center

Been to Lansdowne Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!