“Great facility for a weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lansdowne Resort and Spa

Lansdowne Resort and Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Philadelphia
“Great facility for a weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

I attended a family wedding at the Lansdowne Resort and found it to be a great facility. Location is convenient to highways but seems away from the hustle & bustle when you are on site. I didn't get a chance to golf but the views of the course are beutiful from the hotel and the pool facilities are excellent.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

A recent visit to this cusp-of-the-country resort became a fabulous experience for my family and me. I was there for a weekend of business, while my wife and two children got a chance to R&R.

We were pleasantly surprised by all the phenomenal renovatoins at this stunning resort. It is broken conveniently into three areas - Business (with conference rooms and an auditorium, Hotel and the Restaurants, and then the recreation side - fitness center/spa, pools and the stunning golf courses.

On Friday night (when we arrived), we enjoyed their live outdoor concert series; on that particular night, a rocking band called "Junkfood" who were very tight and very professional.
(The resort also has other, more tame musicians in their summertime series, too)

Our room, a corner suite on the top (9th) floor was very roomy and comfortable, maybe a bit dark in spots, needed more overhead lighting (I let the property know and they were appreciative to this comment), but clean and a good value.

Dining is exceptional.
We enjoyed their morning breakfast and also, a lavish Sunday brunch.

The whole family loved the pools (4!), which were safe and well-maintained.

We did not get a chance to gold, though we did find a cool hiking trail that goes through the course, on down to the Potomac and into a lovely little park.

Service from all staffers encountered was exceptional.

And I cannot suggest a visit to the spa, enough.
It earns its high ratings from local publications. The hot lava stone treatment was a volcanic slice of heaven...

All in all, this was a fine trip and a real surprise off the Beltway.

As a concierge, a travel writer and an event planner (for whatever that may be worth), I highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

I had a great stay here. Comfortable, fun, and plenty of stuff to do. Golf course was great and well kempt. The food was great and the catering for the wedding I attendend was superb. I recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in Virginia, or to visit DC.

Stayed July 2009
Reisterstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

Had heard about this place for years, but never had an opportunity to go. I decided to take my husband there for a three night getaway during his birthday. It was only a short 1 1/2 hr drive from home and a very scenic one at that. I was a little nervous at first to book here after reading the rather terrible reviews. However, we are still scratching our heads as we thought this was a fantastic hidden gem. Everything from check in to check out, including the restaurants to the incredible golf courses, from the relaxing pools and fitness center, the Lansdowne Resort has it all and does it all exceedingly well. We were so impressed by all the amenities, staff and entire Loudoun county area, we have booked another getaway so we can bring our teenage daughters. Please don't hesitate as long as we did to give it a try. Maybe some of the reviewers are just disgruntled employees. We LOVED it and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
gpeterse01
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

As many resorts or hotels can ruin your trip. I stayed at the resort for my brothers wedding. A very special occassion and as equal a very special resort. The luxurious sweets, perks and pleasures from the hotel are top notch. The service and food memerable. There grounds offered plenty of activities for all. From recreational sporting activities (including 3 golf courses), pool side services and slides, remarkable spa treatment and more. It was a great trip that I will have to reschedule again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

Great shopping and easy access to DC and Dulles. The property is beautiful. You may not be a golfer, but it is worth taking a lesson at the club just to get to experience the beautiful property. The fine dining at Lansdowne offers the best in the region, with views of the lovely Patomac Valley.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

My family and I traveled to Leesburg for a wedding on the Father's Day weekend. We stayed at Lansdowne Resort. I was so impressed. Gorgeous property, beautiful rooms, plush bedding, great robes, and an awesome brunch.
I really thought it was cool that they had a flat screen TV in the lobby with flight information.
the staff was helpful too because my elderly mother in law was staying there and they provided her with a handicapped room
it was great

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
4.5 of 5 stars 211 reviews
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Courtyard Dulles Town Center

Been to Lansdowne Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!