“Great for meeting” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
LA Westside
“Great for meeting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Resort is set up for meetings. Staff is great. Sharon in the Pub is very helpful. Rooms are bigger the normal. The workout are is very good. The treadmills actually have DirecTV. Pools include lap pool and outdoor family swimming. Rooms could do with some modernization. Free WiFi. Great Golf.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Dear Dave12Westside,

Thank you for your review of Lansdowne and for your comments. We’ll be sure to let Sharon know she made a positive impact on your stay.

Warm regards,
Jim Horsman
Managing Director

Leesburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Had a wonderful, relaxing summer spa get away with my daughter. Spa treaments everyday were fabulous (especially loved the european eye treatment), tennis and running trail were invigorating and relaxing by the pool were heavenly-including the refershing poolside mint lemonito drink and healthy snacks, evening appetizers at Stonewall Tavern were delicious and dinners on the veranda of the Crooked Billet (with company- Dad and Brother came to join after work:) were such fun. Great spacious suite room that we understand will be getting remodeled this year. Staff were always attentive and pleasant. Perfect Summer Girls Get Away, yet close enough to home for the guys to join in the fun!

Room Tip: Only a few rooms with balconies overseeing the river. Suites are really spacious.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

I didn't get to experience all of the amenities, but I was very disappointed at the customer service. I received such a poor welcome, especially for a resort. I arrived at dulles, called the hotel to let them know I was outside at the shuttle stop and they said they had a driver on the property and he would swing by and pick me up and he didn't. I called every 15 minutes after that and each time was told they would be there within 10 minutes. I had to wait an hour and 15 minutes outside at the curb. The next morning I was running late for the 6am shuttle back to the airport and called the front desk exactly at 6am to see if it had left yet. The woman at the front desk said no the shuttle hadn't left yet and that they would wait for me. I came down immediately and the shuttle had left. She had not asked them to wait and she proceeded to lecture me in front of everyone in the lobby. I know it was my fault that I was running late but that was some of the poorest customer service I have every received. I would have understood if she would have just told me they couldn't wait. So, for all of the hassle it took to arrive and leave and the poor customer service, I would absolutely not stay here again or recommend.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank JenR64
Dear JenR64,

Thank you for providing your comments regarding the service you received on your recent stay with us. This is an area for improvement for the team. Please know that I am using your feedback as a specific example in service training. I am disappointed to hear that we have lost you as a future guest, and given your experience I would not try to change your mind. However, if you are in the area again, we would welcome the opportunity to have you back and show you what a true Lansdowne experience should be. Please reach to me should you find yourself in the area again at jhorsman@destinationhotels.com

Jim Horsman
Managing Director
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We held a small department meeting here. The venue seemed almost ideal ... until we checked in. The hotel did not provide the rooms that we agreed upon but overlooked that portion of the contract. They charged us for double rooms and called a double room a single bed with a COT. And then charged us in addition for the COT! Because it said it in the contract, well, we agreed to COTS IF we needed them. Not because you didn't have enough beds. The rooms were old and smelly and definitely not sound proof. Check in was a nightmare but the front desk manager did everything she could to find rooms. They had females bunking with males and totally got the rooming list wrong. The hotel that was suppose to be a "walk to" was not nearly as close. It had to accessed via shuttle.

Overall - the people on the floor were great! The overall business service was a disaster.

I would not return here for business or pleasure. I regret my decision! Please stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Tip for a good room, a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Kimiiee
Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We so enjoyed this property. It was lovely, nice staff and very clean. The pools were such a treat even though I felt self conscious using the water slide (It's not just for children!) Our room was decent and the only complaint was the horrible wedding party guests that were screaming and partying (a property cannot always control other guests actions but I wish they would have been quicker to respond to our request for security to address the issue.) Overall I would definitely recommend the resort and truly hope we can return again. Also our side trip to wine country was a highlight.... much further than I thought it would be but quite charming.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Just spent a nice August weekend here by myself as a little getaway. Started with a great massage at the spa and then got to spend both Saturday and Sunday by the pool. The hotel really caters to large events (there were two weddings this past weekend) but still has a small hotel feel. Everyone is super friendly and helpful. Food could have been a little better but I ended up eating dinner out two nights anyway so it worked out.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Madrid
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

The WOA effect works with this hotel. Since the first moment you enter the reception, the quality and the size of the hall makes you realize that this is a great hotel. With big and silent rooms, 5 pools and an AMAZING gym, the facilities are really high end. But...

Sometimes there are details that reduce the overall opinion, and in the case of this hotel there are 3: Service, restaurants and shuttle service.

The people in the reception are not very friendly or even qualified for this kind of hotel. In addition the price of the shuttle is far too high and the quality of the restaurants is extremely low. They even reject my late checkout after 10 nights!!

The price of this hotel is very high, and they would need to take care of these kind of details.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Luis_AMSC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center
Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!