“First class all the way”

Lansdowne Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Los Angeles
“First class all the way”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I recently attended an April wedding in Leesburg VA and the bridal party had selected a block of rooms at the Lansdowne Resort, not far from the wedding site. I am sooo happy I decided to stay there! This resort truly understands the value and importance of sincere customer service. After a delayed flight and an hour long wait at the rental car agency, I was a little frazzled upon arrival as I was going to be late for the rehearsal dinner. The front desk staff warmly welcomed me and offered me a glass of champagne. Perfect!! The next morning I found that my rental car had a dead battery and roadside assistance was going to take 45 minutes to arrive. I walked back into the lobby to get a cup of coffee during the wait and one of the staff, Justin I believe, offered to get jumper cables and take care of it for me, which he did within minutes. In addition to that, the gentlemen at the front door were always smiling and pleasant. My room was spacious, tastefully decorated and spotless! Our group also enjoyed Easter Brunch at the hotel which offered a diverse selection of beautifully displayed and delicious goodies. We did not feel rushed, our mimosas and coffees were refilled promptly and it was the perfect ending to a very pleasant stay. Thanks to the entire team at Lansdowne Resort for making my stay exceptional! I highly recommend this resort to anyone needing accommodations in the Leesburg, VA area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Luvboatgal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
Washington DC
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Very well done on the wedding side...BUT..I would never stay here unless my company paid for it! Rooms are gross, bathroom ceiling is literally a little over 6 feet tall...you can touch the ceiling if your arms are above your shoulders!!!!. Toilet is the the mini me version...where you knees hit your chin. Awesome. Beds were way too soft. The A/C unit was noisy and very temperamental. Carpet had that grungeness that made me wear shoes the whole time. Either way...good wedding facility, happy couple and fun night...but not my choice of rooms in the VA/DC area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear fivestartraveler,
Thanks for your honest and candid review. The good news is we have a plan in place to completely renovate all 296 guestrooms and suites, so all of what you experienced will soon be a thing of the past. With that being said, Lansdowne Resort is a great getaway for people in the DMV who want to get away and experience all that our unique part of the country has to offer. Whether here for a wedding, to experience the spa, play golf, or visit the many wineries in Loudoun County, we are a great option for many people. Thanks for your comments and we hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again.

James J Horsman
Managing Director
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I were sent here when our flight was canceled for our trip home so the airline put us here. The rooms are very big and the beds are very comfortable. There is a golf course nearby. Its about a 15-20 minute shuttle ride from the airport. Very clean, very nice. We enjoyed a great breakfast with lots of options of items on breakfast items. The breakfast for two cost us $46.00. The only thing I would say that was a negative is that it may need just a little updating, the colors of the furniture reminded me of the late 70's with the orange and tan tones. But I would consider this hotel if I ever need to go back here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I attended the wedding of one of my best friends daughters on April 5, 2014. The reception was held at Lansdowne Resort. Everything went off beautifully. The event coordinator Leslie Eyster and her staff were awesome. They were on top of everything, so my friend could totally enjoy her daughter's special day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed April 11, 2014

If you are looking for a quick getaway weekend Landsdowne Resort is the place to go. Thanks for an awesome experience and the generosity. The Romantic weekend package was a great deal and definitely worth the price. Guys take advantage of this deal, she will love it!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tony R
Hello Tony R,
Thank you for your great 5-star review for Lansdowne Resort. We appreciate your kind words and sharing them with everyone. Like many people in the DC area, our resort is a great getaway with many options not only on site, but also throughout Loudoun County. Thanks again four your 5-start review and we look forward to your return.

James J. Horsman
Managing Director
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had my wedding (ceremony & reception) at Lansdowne, and with many out of town guests, we thought it was perfect that they had the hotel for guests to stay in right there. My family and I had an awful experience with the hotel portion of our event.

Despite having confirmation number and paperwork, my parents were told at check-in that they had no room reserved for them. For someone who has paid almost $30,000 for the wedding and breakfast the next morning, in addition to booking 58 rooms for guests, it was unacceptable that it happened. It took the front desk 20 minutes to fix their error which caused my parents to be late to the rehearsal dinner. We had 3 guests receive the wrong type of room and when asked to be placed in the correct room, Lansdowne couldn't provide that.

We experienced so many more mishaps related to the hotel, and if someone is reading this and thinking of having their wedding guests stay there, PLEASE DON'T. There are MANY other hotels in the area that are less expensive and provide a better quality of room (Lansdowne rooms are so small) and a better quality of service.

Overall, for a hotel that is quick to boast about their numbers of occupancy and bookings, their service and awareness is awful. And good luck getting your opinions to be handled professionally--they are quick to ignore and sweep under the rug.

(the bell men were the best thing about the experience)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nicole R
Aldie, Virginia
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I visit this Hotel every year for the past 4 years for our Anniversary. We love the quiet serene location that allows us to focus on "us". Great Spa for couples too. We will be back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the golf course which offers the Potomac River as a backdrop. Very bea...