Lansdowne Resort and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,164 results
All reviewsgolf courseriverside hearthgolf clubpotomac rivergirls weekendbreakfast buffetbusiness meetingbeautiful propertyfire pitfitness centerindoor pooldc areadulles airportweddingryecotonclubhouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I visited Lansdowne resort for the first time, we live nearby but I used an Amazon deal with one night hotel stay and 50 dollars spa credit. I had a problem to book days I wanted and spent some time over phone to finally make my reservation. Check in was fast, but hotel was half empty during my stay. I had a room on the 4th floor with a view of parking lot, room was small with little outdated furniture, but clean, had coffee maker and nice bath essentials. I booked an European facial for the same evening in a spa. Spa personnel were nice and gave me a tour of spa. Extras were sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi, but do not forget a swim suite for Jacuzzi. I expected a 55 min session for a facial, but it was like 35 min total, I guess time before and after was included, but I was disappointed as price was very high and not what I expected. I returned back to my room after a spa visit. Next morning I had a continental breakfast in the restaurant downstairs, 12 dollars was a price for continental and $ 21 for a hot breakfast, so a little pricey. I took a short walk outside of the hotel, it was a cold morning. Resort has a big exercise facility and indoor pool, but pool was empty and didn’t look inviting, so I skipped it. I guess, this is a good place for family reunions and corporates retreats, as well as for weddings, short spa gateways is fine as well if price is right.

Room Tip: ask for a golf course view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have visited and stayed at Lansdowne five times since 2008 and remain unimpressed. These were all business events with a four night stay each time. This week I worked out of a room all day that required a coat. We were greeted with a temperature of 62 degrees and the building engineer was notified several times with little success. The hallways are also freezing and public bathrooms heatless and no hot water. The beds remain very uncomfortable and a very light blanket is on the bed. This is winter, not the middle of summer!! Take a tip from the W and invest in proper and comfortable bedding. When you get out of the shower you wonder where the towels are. You have to walk a trail of water a distance to the sink to find one. Breakfast and lunch buffets in the Hearth were the only good value. A very good selection of cuisine and prepared nicely. Our dinner were buffet which weren't kept hot. Snack bars were stocked with stale pastries. If I had to pay for this myself it would be the last place I would stay.

Room Tip: If you are traveling to Loudoun county to experience the wineries, do yourself a favor and stay at one of the many charming B&Bs in the area. This resort is at least a 30 minute drive to any winery.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My Husband to be on Feb 14th 2014 and I had reservations to stay at the Lansdowne resort for our wedding night and the following night. We were to be wed at a winery earlier that day; due to the dumping of 2.5 feet of snow our venue cancelled because of no power and no way to get up the mountain due to roads closed. Of course I panicked and didn't know what to do, I called the resort and immediately Amy called me back and put me at ease; she said no problem they would host my ceremony there. I called the celebrant and limo company who were more than willing to change to the adjusted itinerary. Amy and the staff at the Lansdowne resort were so AMAZING!!! She made everything perfect and did a phenomenal job! All the staff at the resort took such good care of us and were wonderful. The entire weekend was amazing and they treated my husband and I really special. It is so nice to walk around and the staff call you by your name. Every meal we had throughout our stay was wonderful and plentiful. Kudos to the entire staff for such a pleasant experience! We will be back!!! Thank you once again to the Entire Staff of the Lansdowne Resort; Especially Amy!!! ~ J & D

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doreen S
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Doreen S,
Thanks so much for your amazing 5-star review! I am so pleased, yet not surprised, that our dedicated staff stepped up to make your special day one to truly remember. Amy is indeed a hospitality superstar and I will share your comments with her and the staff. Your dress was absolutely stunning and we received many positive comments about it via social media. Thanks again for the great 5-star review for Lansdowne Resort and we hope you will consider us again when it is time to celebrate your first of many anniversaries to come!
Best Wishes,

James J. Horsman
Managing Director

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Our annual couples gathering of 8 long-time friends and our significant others was held for the 1st time @ Lansdowne Resort on Saturday, Feb 22, 2014. We had cocktails and light snacks of high-end cheeses and meats in the resort’s Clubhouse living room, followed by dinner in Majors, the private dining room of the Crooked Billet restaurant, also in the Clubhouse.

The décor was outstanding and very comfortable, allowing each of us to spend some time in a very fluid, but private atmosphere, in talking with each other. The service was 5 star and all of our wants and needs were professionally accommodated by our server, Alexandro, and the manager, Sue.

The food and wine were superb with a broad mixture of chicken, lamb and fish accompanied by delicious vegetables, potatoes and a risotto flavored by mushrooms and bourbon. Many of us spent the evening in the Resort’s guest rooms for a very relaxing evening of camaraderie.

I highly recommend this venue!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vincent B
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We have stayed and enjoyed Landsdowne Resort on numerour occaisions but it pains me to report that we left this time after two hours!. First we were there at 3 and the room was not ready. Understandable but there was no place to wait and have a drink without going out or the building to the golf club where something was open. No comfortable sofas or chairs. Then the room was overlooking the parking lot and the bed was not at all comfortable. The last straw, I went to the hot tub and it was not working AND they said it would not be fixed until Tuesday! Also, no lounge chairs around the indoor pool to sit, relax and read. Not what we expect from a resort. From now on I will only go in the warmer months when there is lots to do outside. Oh and we could hear people talking in the hall way.

Room Tip: go in the warmer months.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple