“Very Nice Experience”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Texas
“Very Nice Experience”
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We booked our stay through the hotel and got an excellent rate on a golf & room pre-paid package. The 2 18-hole courses and 9-hole course were great. The gold staff gave us excellent service. The workout room had very nice equipment - all in excellent working condition. The pool had 4 areas, one inside pool, one small pool, one pool area for kids and one area for adults. They also served food and drinks at pool side. The SPA had all of the extras you sould expect and the 2 services I had were well worth the cost. The bar was also very nice, it had plenty of flat screen high DEF TV's, darts, shuffle board and a pool table. The accomodations were adequate - the room was standard size with nice furnishings. It would have been nice to have a high DEF TV in the room with more channel choices. The resort is close to DC and also close to shopping and restaurants.

• Liked — The golf staff.
  • Disliked — Room TV / channel selection
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
hotelmarketer, Marketing Department at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 3, 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for both visiting Lansdowne Resort as well as posting your comments on line. We appreciate your feedback and glad you enjoyed your visit. We are glad you had the opportunity to use the pools, the Spa Minerale, etc! We will also review your comments about the televisions in the rooms and the channel selection.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lansdowne Resort soon!

The Management & Staff of Lansdowne Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
Northern Virginia
Reviewed August 17, 2008

We stayed at this hotel last night and will not be back. The views from the golf club are great (barring the Leisure World high rise next door) and the pool area is vast and nice, but those are the only positives. The service at both the hotel and the golf club is terrible. The weekend rates are very low and there were underage parties going on in sleeping rooms. For some reason security did not kick these kids out and after hours of listening to screaming in the hallway, the doors constantly slamming shut and ice bucket fights, we threw in the towel and checked out at 2:30 a.m.
Earlier we went to the golf club for a bite to eat and were turned away because my husband did not have a collared shirt on. That is fine and common at golf clubs, but no where in any of the hotel literature did it warn customers that proper attire is required. After my husband ran back to the room and changed the bartender told us we could take a seat anywhere on the terrace and a server would be right with us. We chose a table and sat and sat and sat. One other party was out there and finally a guest got up to go find a server. When she finally came out she said they weren't open for another 30 minutes, then she reluctantly took drink orders.
If you are accustomed to good service, don't bother with Lansdowne.

• Liked — the views from the golf club terrace
  • Disliked — the service, the broken toilet
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Dear nova5star Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at Lansdowne Resort. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we get. I do apologize for the noise and service issues you experienced during your recent stay at the resort. These comments have been shared with the departments involved so we may resolve and improve our service.

We do hope you will give Lansdowne another visit, as your recent experience is definitely not typical of our resort.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

The Management & Staff of Lansdowne Resort
Delaware
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Okay, my husband and I decided to stay at the Lansdowne Resort for my 30th birthday weekend. It is very close to most of the malls we, I mean I, was intreated in visiting. The grounds are lovely, and thats were it stops. The entire building smells like a hospital! They must of had a small budget to refurbish the building because the decor is TERRIBLE. The furniture in the lobby is filthy. The walls are paper thin, we heard an entire night of what sounded like a dog moaning, great. The fire alarm woke us up on saturday morning at 7:00 am, after evacuating the building in our pj's & robes we notice that only our floor, the 9th floor, the top floor, had evacuated. Everyone waited outside for 15 minutes and finally realized that a member of the staff was not going to come out and explain the issue or even tell us was can enter the building. We never received acknowledgment from the staff about that issue. What a way to wake up on your birthday, early & scared. This place is a joke!!!

Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JMLAP
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 4, 2008

This place is wonderful -- we just spent our anniversary there and had a lovely time. The spa is fantastic. The breakfast in the hearth is incredible. The rooms were gorgeous. The live bands outside -- and inside at the bar -- were fun. The pools are nice. The staff was accommodating. We have stayed here before and will definitely stay here again. (I have no idea what the other reviewers are complaining about!)

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I have to agree with the previous reviews, it was the worst resort I have ever stayed at. The room was very small, and the decorating and furniture was very outdated. The bathroom was the worst..the ceiling dripped while you were on the toilet and the floor was old and disgusting. It didn't even have a blow dryer! I had to call down to the front desk to ask for one. It was late, so we stayed that night, but cancelled our reservation for the next night. We went downstairs for dessert, and was greeted by two teenagers who obviously had not been working there very long. The desserts were horrible as was the coffee. The next morning I called for help with my bags and after twenty minutes, called again. I was told that the "bellman" was helping other guests....I asked was there anyone else who could help me, and they said no. Finally, after 45 minutes, I went downstairs myself to get a cart. I was told that I was not allowed to use their cart, only hotel employees. Finally, the bellman walked up and helped me. I spoke to the manager and told her how disappointed I was. They refuned my husband's golf charge and took 20% off our bill, which was $175..$100 too much. I could have stayed at a Days Inn and had a better room for half that amount. It is a beautiful, historic hotel, and if they would put some money into updating it, it would be nice.

• Disliked — The room was horrible, especially the bathroom
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Maryland
Reviewed July 22, 2008

My sister and I stayed here for a getaway weekend. We expected a lovely golf/ spa resort.

Upon our arrival, there was no one to greet us, help us with bags, etc. Most of the staff were barely out of their teens and their service was NOT what I would have expected for a "RESORT"

The room was small and the lighting was terrible- NO amenities existed (not even a booklet describing the resort's offerings). I have had better rooms and more amenities in Days Inns or Marriott Courtyards. The pool had no one helping with towels or chairs and it took forever to get a drink even though it was not busy.

At the end of our stay, as we were leaving, no one offered to help us with our golf clubs or bags (we would have tipped them). Others were LOUDLY complaining that they were not being helped either (even though there were staff that seemed to be assigned to the "valet" and bell captain stations....)

We would never stay there again.... too bad, it would have been a great location for us to do this more often.

• Stayed July 2008
Washington, DC
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I just returned from a stay at the resort. I travel a lot, so I feel that I can fairly rate this property. I would have to say that the property is mediocre. The room decorations were equivalent to a mid range national hotel chain, but they are charging premium dollars (total with tax $289/night). Our room was not "sumptuously appointed" as they state on their website. When we arrived there was not a single person outside to help us with our bags. At check out there were three people outside standing around and not moving fast enough to help us with our bags. We were only offered assistance after we had put all but one bag in the car. The bathroom was so dark. In the bathtub/shower area there is no light. The newspapers are not delivered to your door. You have to walk out all the way to the elevator area to get one. In fairness , the staff was courteous and helpful. The spa and the pool area was very nice. I would not stay there again for the price that we paid. Perhaps if we had paid around $150 per night I would have been fine with the experience, but it's not worth more than that.

• Liked — attractive location
  • Disliked — accommodations
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
#2 of 14 in Tysons Corner

Been to Lansdowne Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!