“Hampton Inn quality everything once you are past the lobby.”

Lansdowne Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Orlando
“Hampton Inn quality everything once you are past the lobby.”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is not a bad place, just not worth the price. The lobby is nice, but the rooms are notably old. It looks like there was an attempt to re-model this old property, but it appears they were not "all in" and attempted to do modernize the place with minor enhancements, paint n a few fixtures. The rooms are dark and dreary, it appears they were going for a boutique hotel feel but ended up at the Munsters the guest rooms and their associated floors look old, the food is average at best (Cafeteria food even in the restaurants). Attempted "lipstick on a pig." I'm sure most people who dont travel a lot fall for it.

On the flip side, The people that work there are wonderful delightful folks and go out of their way to meet every need with excellence. They compensate for th

Room Tip: Ask for a room/floor that is not hosting a wedding party. I am at this property regularly, and the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank crazivan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
Kennett Square, PA
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We got a great deal on Amazon local with a spa credit included. We were worried after reading some reviews on Tripadvisor, but we really enjoyed our stay and are planning to return to play golf. We stayed two nights during MLK weekend.

Check in was a breeze and the complimentary champagne was a nice touch. Our room was big enough and had 2 sitting chairs. (Most hotels only have 1 and it drives us crazy)
The first morning I went to the spa, while my husband checked out the property and asked the concierge for recommendations on wineries and breweries. We came back late afternoon and enjoyed the hot tub in the fitness center. We went to Stonewalls Tavern for a later dinner and it was packed. My husband really enjoyed the 1/2 baked chicken. My chicken sandwich was OK. Prices seemed about what you'd expect at a hotel.

The next morning we went for a long walk along the Potomac. The concierge had given us a map of 2 different walking trails.

Overall, the resort was great, and met our needs for a couples escape. We'd like to return in the warmer weather to take advantage of the outdoor pools, patios and golf.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear hmgmba,
Thanks for taking time to provide a great review and solid feedback from your recent visit to our Northern Virginia resort. The Amazon offer was certainly a great deal, so glad to hear that you took advantage of it. You definitely need to return during the spring/summer. Our five-pool Aquatic Center is a lot of fun and we have some new and exciting activities and resort amenities we'll be adding in the coming months I am sure you will enjoy. Thanks again for choosing our resort for a nice couples escape and we hope to see you again soon.
James J. Horsman
Managing Director
Ship Bottom, New Jersey
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Nothing is less inspiring than bland grandeur in the midst of viral suburbia. Add to this the exaggerated price tag and you have a Landsdowne Resort rip off. To begin: the amenities fee covers their worthless wifi, (it cut out every 15 minutes) and being able to park - a feat for fair feet - as the lot is quite a distance from the door. The rooms are cramped, but referred to as deluxe in the literature. By cramped I mean the two double beds were fulls, not queens; the night stand was squeezed between the beds- so I hit my elbow several times, and a poorly placed full mirror was inaccessible because it was hung in the six inches between one bed and a wall. I gage hotels by how much light filters in beneath each room's door. The more light I see, the more noise I know is coming. And it came - late and relentless. And finally, the water - I may show my age by morphing a quote, but: "don't drink the water." "Why?" "It's spoiled!" Pool water from the tap is my best guess. To be fair, the staff: housekeeping and waitstaff were attentive and friendly. But if you can avoid this Stepford area - save your soul and stay in a B&B .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank harpnbard
Bryans Road, Maryland
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Overall, my recent stay at the Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg, VA was mostly pleasant -- especially room rate from the coupon used for this stay.

This recent stay was my (and husband's) fourth with this hotel. My husband loved the scenery and ambiance of Lansdowne so much that he became excited when I received a special offering for the room rate at $79.00 per night -- which also included the $20 resort fee! For a few dollars more (under $10), I upgraded the room to one on a high floor. Did we take advantage of the special? Of course, we did! My husband and I decided to spend the last weekend of December to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

My husband's restaurant so far was the RIverside Hearth, which featured the breakfast buffet. Omelets and Belgian waffles to order, I'll tell you!

However, only two areas need to be tweaked that were different from our previous three stays. One was that (I believe) the front desk clerk did not realize that my room number was announced a bit to publicly -- pointing to written room number to speaking a bit quieter would have been more acceptable to protect privacy. But, the major issue was my in-room dining experience. My order still was not right for my first experience after two tries. My second order, on the other hand, was fine. Although the in-room experience was my first at this hotel, I'll give the in-room dining another try on a future stay.

So...overall, hubby and I had a wonderful time celebrating our anniversary that fell between Christmas and New Years, and we would gladly do the celebration all over again at the Lansdowne Resort.

Room Tip: If Lansdowne has your e-mail address on hand, look for specials for room rates that deliver excellen...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
VA
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Staff was friendly, service average. tried the $21.95 Sunday Brunch buffet, The room service menu had a $14 waffle + $5 delivery, so what a deal!! added an omelet from the omelet station for $3 :D

I agree with another comment, paper thin walls. Plus we had to walk over to the golf club to get a cocktail. The bar opens late. I'm guessing they had to go to the club to get the bloody's at brunch, it took some time to get to the table.

And don't get me started about the $20 resort fee. Didn't use the gym, the outside pool was, of course, frozen, as was the golf course. We didn't even bother with the wi-fi either.

But we did get a decent deal on cyber Monday on the price. Glad we did.

Dear R L,
Thanks for your review submission, so please allow me to address. I can tell you that a complete rooms renovation is coming in 2014, so we have heard you and from many about this aspect of the resort and we certainyl do plan to address it. Our resort fee is a nominal charge for many things aside from the items you mentioned. It is something fairly standard in the industry and even charged by some hotels that do not possess the amenities we have here. Plus, it allows us to keep operational costs down, so we do not have to pass other costs off to our valuable customers. We certainly do invite you to come back when the weather is warmer, so you can allow us to provide an even warmer welcome and ensure you stay meets and exceeds your expectations.

James J. Horsman
Managing Director
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed here on New Years Eve, and it was a great way to start the new year! The service was excellent. In fact, the reason we came back was because of the excellent service we received when we stayed for a week in August.

Lisa Wilhelm, the Manager is awesome at her job. She is the greatest. She always makes us feel at home, and anything we need, she is sure to to provide minutes after requesting.

The rooms are very nice, and very clean. The entire hotel is very nice, and very clean.

From the minute you walk in, to the minute you walk out, you are only met with smiles and employees eager to make your stay enjoyable.

The food is great, whether its from one of the establishments inside the resort, or room service that comes quickly and delicious!

I highly recommend Lansdowne Resort for anyone staying the in the Leesburg/Ashburn/Sterling or Dulles area.

Anytime we stay in the area, this is where will stay!

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and 7 other members of my immediate family stayed at the resort for the New Years package. I was dissapointed because the buffet was mediocre and the music was too old, the worst part was that they included after hour snacks and they ran out, so some guests did no get any. Will not come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
#2 of 14 in Tysons Corner

Been to Lansdowne Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!