WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Arlington, Virginia
“Winfrey Wonderland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I arrived on Saturday evening ahead of a winter storm. The resort was nearly deserted Sunday afternoon after guests checked out. (Check out time is noon.) I pretty much had the place to myself and I was able to explore the grounds and the real estate at my leisure and pleasure. The "alone time" presented an opportunity to take some magnificent photos. The property is very tastefully decked for the Christmas holiday season. I had a room with a king bed but no fridge or microwave. I enjoyed breakfast and dinner at the Riverside Hearth (a bit pricey, but this is a resort, after all). I enjoyed lunch at the golf club. Two winter storms came through during my four night stay, lending a "winter wonderland" look to the environment, and enhancing the ambience of the holiday season. The decor and the service are resort quality. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Korean first
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've taken my lady here several times, mainly during the winter, and we absolutely love it. The indoor pool is a real treat when it's cold outside. The main restaurant and tavern both have great options.We enjoy the wine tours that pick up from the hotel every Saturday and Sunday at 11 on the dot (about 4 hours, $70/person factoring in tasting fees and transportation). Try the Estandby Upgrade option for discount room upgrades.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Hello Foody4LF,
Thank you so much for your 5-star review. Yes, our wine tours are very successful and we are very fortunate to be located in one of the fastest growing wine regions in the United States. Given you enjoy our resort as a Northern Virginia romantic getaway, you'll need to see what we have planned for our Month of Romance celebration in February! Thanks agian for your kinds words and we hope to see you again soon.

Virginia Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We went here for Thanksgiving dinner and spa. The spa is struggling...worn out rugs, burnt out lights, lack of staff, hot tubs are luke warm, chemicals not checked before opening, tiles missing, ceiling drywall is falling down,. Lounge furniture has rips, not enough towels, showers are not hot, etc.....we have been going here for 10 years and prices are the same, but upkeep is where they are cutting corners. We love coming here, but it seems someone has taken over and they are letting the standards/maintenance slip...

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed at Lansdowne Resort recently on a short business trip to DC, and I was really glad that I chose this hotel.

Starting with Grayson at the front desk,everyone was friendly and seemed genuinely happy I was staying there. Justin and Michael in the concierge/bell staff area were also very helpful and fun to talk with about the DC area.

The rooms were spacious and well-equipped and I was able to get a lot of work done. I highly recommend this hotel if you plan to be in the Reston/Lansdowne area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Columbia, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

My fiancé and I visited thid establishment from the 11/8/2013-11/9/2013. While we were there we experienced a very generous amount of customer service from a young lady named Bri that was FANTASTIC. For my birthday this year my fiancé surprised me and took me to this establishment for a little Rest and Relaxation. Upon arriving at the resort my WOW factor was through the roof and I was elated. It was just what I needed. Bri stepped in and added to that with a great amount of customer service and really made this special event that much more special. We wanted to do much more than thank her, however; we did not know what to do. She said to fill out a survey that we would receive at the end of our stay, however I wanted to do more than that. She had gone the extra mile for us and I wanted to make sure you knew about the awesome service we received. While everyone we came in contact with did a great job, she was someone we will never forget.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley M
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Ashley M,
Thanks for taking time to submit a great 5-star review on Tripadvisor! We appreciate your glowing comments and have shared those with Bri and our staff. Bri is a great example of how dedicated and focused our staff is in providing a high level of customer service for all of our guests. Thanks again for your 5-star review and we hope to see you again soon.

Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Came to the resort to get away for the weekend with the wife and dogs. We opted to get the Dining Package which I originally thought allotted us $100 per evening. This would have been the only reason why I pay the exorbitant price they had set. We went to their bar restaurant and all I have to say about the food....AWFUL. The service was slow and the food was some of the worst I have ever had. The next night I ordered room service, because the staff had told me my dogs were making too much noise. so we stayed in and ordered $100 worth of room service. Food...awful once again. At checkout they tell me that the $100 credit is only good once. Why in God's good name would I order room service from the same god awful restaurant if I knew the $100 credit was only good once. I have contested all charges and am willing to go to court for it as well. It was by far the mot unfulfilled hotel/resort stay I have ever had. You are much better staying at a Hyatt House or Sheraton in Dulles for 1/3 of the price to get away. This place is not worth it at all. The only reason they got 2 out of 5 was the condition of the bed,,,,thats it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here...stay at the Hyatt House or Sheraton...save the money and the headache.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Im4citadel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Put up by United Airlines after mechanical problems with flight from Amsterdam and missing conected flight
Looking for a good nights sleep was a bad dream at this hotel with a wedding party going on people knocking on doors and yelling in hall after midnight . Will NOT be back

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JOHN W
Hello John W,
Like most hotels, noise can be something that needs to be dealt with from time to time. Our staff is extremely responsive in responding to guest needs, as well as, guest issues, such as noise. May I ask, did you report the noise to the manager on duty, or the front desk? Both are very effective and efficient at responding to guest inquiries and would have been happy to request the noise be kept to a minimum, if not eliminated. However, it is unfortunate your flight was delayed and you were hindered by the celebration near your room.

Managing Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
#3 of 7 in Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Courtyard Dulles Town Center

Been to Lansdowne Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!