“Beautiful Hotel and grounds.”

Lansdowne Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel is beautiful and the surrounding grounds (and view from my room) was breathtaking. The staff was great and very accommodating. Every recommendation they made for restaurants or wineries were excellent choices. This was the host hotel for the Diva 1/2 Marathon and I'm glad I chose to stay here. If I'm in the area again, I would definately stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear sweetsmyle,
Thanks for your awesome 5-star review. We really enjoyed having the DIVAS here and we understand the resort will be hosting again in 2014, so keep that in mind if you decide to return next year. However, we would love to see you before then, perhaps for a weekend adventure to DC Wine Country? Just a thought...we hope to see you again soon and thanks again for your great 5-star review.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Two friends and I stayed here for a weekend sport event we participated in. Staff very welcoming, very helpful. We were going to have to have a very very late check out but ended up staying another night and were able to grant us the same price. Nice variety of restaurants. Comfy beds. Nice convention area. I would love to come back for a wine weekend, I noted they had packages and would want to try one

Room Tip: They have lots of different packages to choose from
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had a great stay with a girlfriend for a girl's weekend. We booked the wine tour package which included transportation to/from 2 local wineries. All the staff I encountered at Lansdowne Resort were very friendly, including the Spa staff. I had a great facial and my friend loved her massage. The breakfast buffet was ridic... in a good way and was included in the room package. My only complaint is the hard as a rock bed and next to nothing pillows. I do think for the cost of a room the beds should be more comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear brwntrvlr,
Thanks so much for your great review. Sounds like you enjoyed our Discover DC Wine Country package, so it is great to hear of your wonderful experience with this amazing experience. Spa Minérale is a great place to enjoy a girlfriend getaway, so we hope to see you again soon. You will be pleased to know that our rooms are scheduled for a full renovation, so improvements to come. We have heard this comment before and while we do listen, we do act as well to improve whenever and wherever we can. Thanks for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Company golf event for 120 participants. Included light breakfast, 18 holes of golf, lunch, afternoon reception.
Customer service and accommodation were excellent.
Friendly helpful staff! Good items served were fresh -- presentation very nice.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel is nicely decorated, the rooms offers plenty of seating and the bathroom amenities are of a nice quality.

The best thing about the hotel is the staff, everyone was friendly and engaging. If I was ever in the area again and needed overnight accommodations, I would stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Lansdowne Resort is a lovely property but some glaring failures:
1. No cash transactions at Golf club bar???
2. The pillows are worthless - I will need to go to the chiropractor
3. The concierge on the phone was unintelligible
4. The entertainment in the main bar Friday night was so bad they drove clients from the bar
5. The food was just barely passable.
6. The golf course I played - Shark Bite was poor - municipal grade - would never play it again.

Not an overall good value - next time I will stay somewhere else

Room Tip: Find a more competitive location

Dear ashotwell.
Thanks so much for your review. Please allow me to address some of your comments. The Golf Club at Lansdowne is a private facility and available to members and resort guests only. While we do not consider cash as an option at this time, it is being evaluated. Our rooms are scheduled for a complete renovation, so all aspects of the rooms will be considered including bedding and pillows. We appreciate your comments about the concierge and we will address those concerns. Our food and beverage product is rated very highly, however, we regret your experience with us. If you return, please allow me to host you for dinner as our Crooked Billet restaurant just debuted an amazing new menu and I am enormously confident you will be thrilled with the plethora of options and the high quality of the food product. Our golf courses are also rated highly and SharkBite was named one fo the finest family golf experiences in the United States by Golf Channel. Perhaps, you played after an aerification? If possible, I'd love to hear more about your specific experiences on this great layout. As always, we take guest comments very seriously, and I appreciate all of the ones you shared. We do listen, but most importantly, we do something about it. Thanks again!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We spent the weekend at Lansdowns Resort for my nephew's wedding. The grounds were beautiful and the staff was very attentive. But the rooms were not up to par. The group room rate was over $200.00 with taxes. I don't mind spending the amount if I get my moneys worth. The bed was so saggy that the mattress needed to be replaced. The AC was not working very good. We had to set the thermostat at 68 to sleep. That should have be extremely cold but it was not. After the wedding we wanted to get a small bit to eat but the only place open was a bar that was hosting 3 wedding partys for drinks. Knowing that they were having a full house, they could have opened other bars to accommodate all the guest. I understand that September is "off season" but they were sold out of roooms so accommodate your guest.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
#1 of 14 in Tysons Corner
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun

Been to Lansdowne Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!