“Weekend getaway” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
dc
“Weekend getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have heard about this place for years and finally used a groupon to enjoy it at a reasonable rate. Overall it was a pleasant experience. I visited the 'relaxation pool' which I think used to be the adult pool, but there were some kids in it while I was there. However, there were several other pools with more enticing things for kids (slides, fountains) so there were mostly adults at the pool. It was nice to have a bar right near the pool to order a drink, but the waitresses coming around and taking orders were virtually non-existent after 6 and the bar did run out of quite a bit of drinks and food. I ate dinner at the sports bar inside and the food was average. There was someone who sent back a hamburger since it was undercooked and it took forever for it to come back. To the bartender's credit, they did comp the hamburger. The room was clean and quiet. Self parking was free and really not far - maybe a 2 minute walk. There were several weddings going on the weekend I was there as it is a popular wedding hotel. Overall I'd return if there was another coupon lowering the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear roamroam

I am happy to hear that your overall experience at the resort was a positive one. I apologize for the fact that that the pool bar ran out of some items later in the day. I will be sure to follow up with our food and beverage manager of the pool to ensure that this does not happen again. The pool located closest to our indoor pool is designated an “adults-only” pool so I hope that you will get a chance to enjoy that pool on your next visit to the resort.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was there for a wedding and the resort itself is really pretty. Unfortunately, with the price I was paying, I was expecting a lot more.

Parking was a bit annoying and farther away than I would have like. Our room was dark and really ugly. Our view was non-existent - into a dirt roof type of thing. The shampoo and conditioner was impossible to pump out of in the shower. It took me about 10 pumps to get just a little out.

The restaurant opens up for breakfast Sunday morning but closed by 11. It was also wayyy overpriced for their offerings and tasted kind of crappy. I heard another customer asking why they are open randomly and it's because they don't really get customers - not surprised at all.

Customer service was also terrible. I was there for a wedding and there were 4 other weddings going on. I asked about the shuttle and no one has any idea what's going on. But instead of trying to figure out and helping me, they keep sending me to one clueless person to another.

Seriously, save your money and go somewhere else. I wished I had.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Travelsalot1984
Dear Travelsalot1984,

On behalf of the staff at the resort, I’d like to apologize that your recent stay did not meet your expectations as it is our goal to provide each guest with exceptional service. It is unfortunate to hear that our staff was not of more assistance to you with regards to finding the correct shuttle for the wedding that you were attending. We take our food quality very seriously at the resort so it was disappointing to hear that your breakfast was unsatisfactory in addition to not being able to enjoy your room accommodations. I do hope that in the future you will return to the resort and allow us the chance to change your impression of the resort.

Marblehead, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great food, great pool, rooms are clean and updated. Every person we encountered was friendly, helpful and seemed like they genuinely cared that we were taken care of. Great pool for small kids. Rooms aren't huge, but hopefully you are there for the grounds, and not spending your days in the room. Room was very clean, and well kept. Poolside service was a nice perk. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rachel S,
I am thrilled to hear about your recent stay at Lansdowne Resort. It sounds like you and your family were truly able to relax while here and were able to take advantage of our outdoor pools and poolside food and beverage service. The team at Lansdowne looks forward to welcoming you back soon!

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Within a two hour drive from my home, it was a perfect destination for a weekend retreat. The staff was professional and the facilities and room was very clean and comfortable.

The pool is part of a membership club which was a bonus. It was very clean, well staffed and regular members added enjoyable interaction that is not usually available in a traditional hotel stay experience.

There is something for everyone to enjoy. On Saturday evening we had dinner in downtown Leesburg, lured into a local "watering hole" by the live music which was an added bonus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Leslie1297

I am pleased to hear about your positive experience during your recent stay at Lansdowne Resort. Our four outdoor swimming pools are a great draw to the resort during the warmer months; glad that you had a chance to experience a day by the pool and hope that you will have an opportunity to return sometime soon.

Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I haven't even stayed here yet, but have reservations coming soon at the end of the month. I received an email from the resort, welcoming me and my buddies to our upcoming 3 night stay using the golf package. The email suggested making dinner reservations. So I looked at their best restaurant, the Potomac?, but they only open Thurs - Sat, so that's out for us. Then I was told by a worker on the phone that the next best restaurant was the Crooked Billet, I called their number and the voice message stated that they are not open I believe on Monday/Tues I believe? Which means the only two full days we are there, only the bar restaurant is open?

So I decided to find some reviews on this Lansdowne resort....big mistake, now I feel like I should cancel everything and book my buddies at another place..(they are flying in from Texas, Hong Kong, and MD). Geesh, I'm not sure I want to take a chance with this place. The only good thing may be the golf, but we were also paying for the convenience of wining and dining on the premises...oh well. Oh yeah, I was only able to reserve breakfast at their buffet restaurant, but not dinner or lunch?? Dang, I have a bad, scary feeling.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank hmmm156
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear hmmm156

On behalf of the staff at the resort, we look forward to your stay with us and I would like to address some of the concerns that you’ve voiced prior to your arrival. The Crooked Billet is closed for dinner on Monday, but is open from 11:00am until 9:00pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I will be following up with the manager of the Crooked Billet to ensure that the correct hours of operation are being relayed to guests who are calling to make a reservation. Riverside Hearth, our buffet dining is typically open every morning from 6:30am until 10:30am and then reopens for lunch at 11:30am until 2:00pm during the week. Stonewalls Tavern, which features a full menu as well as a selection from the bar is open on Monday from 2:00pm until 11:00pm. It is our goal to ensure that all guests have a place to dine for each meal period every day in addition to in room dining which is available daily from 6:00am until midnight. We would also be more than happy to arrange a special menu or dinner for you and your friends either in Stonewalls Tavern or in the comfort of your guest room, should you prefer.

I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you in more about your upcoming stay so that I may ensure that you and your friends have an un-paralleled experience while at the resort. I can be reached by calling 877-509-8400.

Chevy Chase, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great quick getaway for Washingtonians. Good golf options (I am not much of a golfer and enjoyed the par 3/4 Executive course), spa, fitness center, pool, and tennis. Had a positive experience the three times I've been there, and the staff is quite accommodating (They packed a picnic for me to use at Wolftrap for a concert). And I was able to use a Living Social coupon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Maria O,
I am pleased to hear that you had such a nice “staycation” at Lansdowne Resort. Our Sharkbite 9-hole course is ideal for recreational golfers so we are glad you had a chance to play on the course. I’m glad you enjoyed your picnic and we hope to see you again for your fourth stay!

Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a business trip. It rained the whole time I was there - but the grounds looked nice. I heard the spa is great. The food was good. And the ballroom was nice for our meeting. Check-in took a little longer than I would have liked.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear MLEisme,
Thank you for your positive feedback about your recent stay at Lansdowne Resort. I am glad that you were comfortable during your meeting and that you enjoyed your meals throughout your stay, although I do apologize for the rain. We will try to keep it sunny out here the next time you stay with us!

Managing Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
#3 of 7 in Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Courtyard Dulles Town Center

Been to Lansdowne Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!