Lansdowne Resort and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,164 results
All reviewsgolf courseriverside hearthgolf clubpotomac rivergirls weekendbreakfast buffetbusiness meetingbeautiful propertyfire pitfitness centerindoor pooldc areadulles airportweddingryecotonclubhouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My stay at Landsdowne was nice. I would not recommend the ice cream brownie at the bar - it looks delicious but was hard and was not good at all. The service and food at the Potomac Breakfast bar was AWESOME. My room from my room was nice although I know the hotel was not at full capacity but they initially put me in a room that was right off the elevator area and by the ice machine with a view of the parking lot. They were very accomodating in quickly switching me to a different room that had a very nice view of the golf course. I really enjoyed the services provided at Spa Minerals and although I did not use the gym area the staff in the gym were very nice in giving me a tour and telling me about the services.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Hello IMartin313...

...And thank you for sending word related to your February visit. In spite of the snow that’s falling as I write this note, I am soon headed to our pastry kitchen to ask that we take greater care in preparing the Ice Cream Brownie bar. This is typically a very popular choice so your comment was most appreciated. Of course, we are glad to learn that we were able to accommodate you in a room with a more desirable view and that you enjoyed your Spa Minerale experience. On your next visit to Lansdowne, which we hope will be soon, I hope you’ll have time to enjoy the fitness center…maybe I’ll see you there!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I thought the resort was beautiful. Arrived Saturday night to a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Then, we went to On the Potomac for dinner and showed up approx 30 minutes before closing (we did not know.) We had a $150 credit to any of the restaurants so we had to eat at one of them. The bar server, Caesar, was amazing. He catered to us - made us strong & tasty drinks. Also gave us a great overview of the resort. Our food was amazing. Filet w/ scallops and Prime Rib w/ lobster tail (they only gave me 2 scallops for $11 but they were so damn good. Lobster tail was overdone. BUT the steaks were absolutely perfect. Best prepared piece of meat I have ever had. I was even cutting the steak w/ a butter knife to prove to my girlfriend just how tender the meat was). After dinner, went to the Stonewall place. Drinks were great, atmosphere was great, server was personable. Great time. The next day, breakfast buffet was incredible, fruit was fresh. Also got late check out for 2pm. Great resort, great OVERALL price (we found a couples getaway package), great time.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor - great view!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Josh B.,
We’re so pleased to read about your recent experience at Lansdowne Resort; it certainly seems that you enjoyed your time here. It is always a treat to hear from guests that enjoyed their experience with us. We appreciate your kind mention of our staff, our amazing Restaurants offerings, and the great time you had at Stonewalls. Our hope is to provide high-quality guest accommodations, service and special touches to ensure our guests get the most from their experience at our resort. Your warm review is a joy to read, thank you for providing your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We enjoyed a one night romance package that included champagne/truffle on arrival, and a $200 spa or golf credit, and $100 restaurant credit as well as buffet breakfast and drinks in the tavern. The spa was extremely relaxing and had above average quality services. I enjoyed a facial and Swedish massage. the overall calming environment was terrific. Dinner in the On The Potomac Restaurant was just average. Nice appetizers but just okay entrees (steak cooked medium vs. rare, and house made pasta was overcooked), with somewhat slow service. Overall the restaurant was somewhat tired looking. The breakfast on the other hand was just wonderful -- very good variety, excellent attentive service to get juice, coffee, etc. We truly enjoyed it and did not even need lunch that day. And Stonewalls Tavern was a nice place to hang out after dinner for a drink (great martinis) and games. So, overall a fun getaway, especially after winery tastings during the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel facing the Potomac River. The hotel offers a very generous military rate that includes breakfast for 2 for less than $130 (at least on some days).
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear MPWAnnapolisW

Thank you for visiting Lansdowne and for sharing your comments relative to your stay. It appears your Romance visit was enjoyable and we are delighted you were able to take advantage of Spa Minerale’, the restaurants and some of the many nearby wineries. Many people are taking advantage of our new Shared Wines and Treasured Times package that includes transportation to/from selected wineries and so much more. It’s a great package to share with another couple or two.

As you may have seen during your visit, we are close to completing a “top to bottom” renovation of our Riverside Hearth restaurant. We can’t wait until March 11 when the restaurant reopens for our guests. Please come back to see us and experience this “new” restaurant. Thanks again for your visit and comments!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Nice 1980's style resort. A bit dated but nice people and facilities. Well located to Dulles and suitable for conferences, ETC. what perplexes me in the terrible shampoo and soap dispensers in the shower. What a cheapo attempt to look "green!"

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank CWinstin

Dear Cwinstin,

Hello and thank you for your comments related to your recent business stay.

Your comments related to our guest room shower amenities are appreciated. While this presentation is certainly different than we have all become accustomed to over the years, the dispensers (and the high quality body wash/shampoo/conditioner) are being adopted at many 4- Diamond settings and have been overwhelmingly well received by our guests. With that said, we are always prepared to deliver more traditionally packaged bath products to each and every guest upon request. We hope you will visit us again soon and allow us to be of service.

Travel safely!

General Managter

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We spent a weekend at this resort and I must say the resort was more than I expected. Everything from the room to the quality of service was superior. If you are looking for a great getaway, you will not be disappointed. We will definitely be returning.

1  Thank DeWayne J

Dear DeWayne,

We are truly touched by how much you enjoyed your recent stay at Lansdowne Resort. It is wonderful to read that you found the room and the service you received to be superior. Our hope is to provide high-quality guest accommodations, service and special touches to ensure our guests get the most from their experience at our resort. Thank you for providing your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon!