- very friendly staff
- cute room
- although we made the reservation over the phone, the staff neglected to inform us that a- the On The Potomac restaurant would be closed for the holidays (did not know this until they cancelled our reservation on us) and b- the fitness classes would not be held due to the holidays (though they seemed to have added an 8 am class for one out of the three days we were staying there)
- pay a "resort fee" of $20 per day, except this is the same amount one would pay in the summer but for a fraction of the amenities in the winter ???
- after speaking with the manager about the above, he was very nice in upgrading our room to a corner king. We felt like we were treated the right way since he "blocked" a particular room for us. Lo and behold, this "specifically blocked" room was right across from the elevators, vending/ice machine, and the door to the staff area. Our nice, quiet, relaxing weekend was no longer! (Until we switched rooms because of the noise).
- the very nice manager also promised that if a suite was available during our check in time, he would be happy to put us in that, due to the above inconveniences. We were told upon check in that one suite was in fact available, but that the lock to the door was broken. We checked with them again a few hours later, because the staff was so nice about it, and it seemed that the room was still not ready and we would be informed when it did become available. This never happened. Left to our own devices, we called the reservations phone line out of curiosity. We were told that there were two suites available for the time we were staying there. Hmmm ... fishy!
Overall, we had a relaxing weekend though we probably won't be back unless it is the summer time when we will get our money's worth of the amenities... Or if we got the suite we were "promised"!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lansdowne Resort and Spa, A Destination Hotel is the ultimate sanctuary of sophistication and renewal, inspired by the "good life" of Virginia Wine Country. The resort features three world class golf courses, a destination spa, recreation and four restaurants. A refreshing getaway from Washington, D.C., the resort's beautiful natural setting in Leesburg, Virginia, sprawls 476 acres along the Potomac River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Lansdowne Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lansdowne Hotel Leesburg
- Lansdowne Resort Leesburg
- Lansdowne Resort Va