“Amazing woody views -- worth the extra 10 min from the airport, excellent farm-to-fork restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lansdowne Resort and Spa

and 1 more site!
Lansdowne Resort and Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
dc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

This resort makes you feel you are on a country retreat and not running for your morning flight in the morning. Huge rooms, beautiful grounds, awesome views.

I'd recommend taking the extra 10 min as compared to other airport hotels to get here. United gave us a voucher for a cancelled flight and we were in for a treat.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Korean first
The Great Northeast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is a brief review because we were sent here by United Airlines after mechanical problems made us miss our connection.

The shuttle ride from Dulles took 15-20 minutes (really United, you couldn't have put us closer to the airport?) and we had a 7:23am flight the next day.

The resort was well appointed and we were pleased with our room (for the few hours we were there). The beds were extremely comfy and all the amenities were there.

The staff were friendly even with several "cranky" families that were sent here from United.

It's located in a very nice section of Leesburg, VA and seems like a nice place to vacation or visit. Wish I could say more but this was a very brief stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We chose this place because it was near where our friends live and fairly convenient to see Bull Run, and because of the awesome looking pool. Mostly everything around there is a business oriented hotel. And I'm sure this would be great for business, but exceptional for families or people looking for a little run and relaxation near Dulles / DC. The pool and one of the restaurants (the breakfast one) reminded me of Disney without the characters.. Pretty fancy pool and fantastic fitness center considering the location. Others noted that the locals can use the pool - but we didn't see this as an issue when we were there. It was crowded but all the kids seemed well behaved to me and there is a quiet pool which we didn't even try. Thought we might golf but it was 100 degrees out and decided to hang out at the pool instead after tromping around Bull Run, so can't comment on the golf courses. They had what looked like some reasonable deals if you want to golf.

Food: breakfast buffet was a little high but well worth it. Couple of good cooks making the omlettes etc, and some nice buffet offerings. Spent one nice evening eating dinner and hanging out in the bar, which has pool tables and a Wii area where the kids can hang out (a bar with a Wii area - really - it doesn't look like it but yes this is a family oriented place). The kitchen was having some kind of staffing problem and our food took a long time but the staff was very nice and apologetic about it.

Rooms are nice but the choices for >2 people are king / rollaway (which they charge a lot for) and two doubles. I wish they had queens, but otherwise room was very nice. Minor complaint that I see others have also - we arrived around 5 pm and our room wasn't ready. Then late checkout is only 1 hour past the normal checkout. Not sure what the deal is with that. Spa is fantastic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank snrd08
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear snrd08,
We couldn't be more thrilled to hear the enthusiasm you've shared regarding your stay with us at Lansdowne Resort. Our location is convenient to many of the local attractions in Virginia and Washington, DC. Our aquatic complex is a great place to relax and unwind after a day of sightseeing, which is only open to members and resort guests. It was quite unfortunate that you couldn’t enjoy golf in its beautiful setting in our natural environment along the Potomac River. We are glad you enjoyed the talents of our culinary staff and your evening in Stonewalls Tavern.

We are happy to know that we were able to provide you with a pleasant experience and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Lloyd Williams
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Accommodated here as an overnight due to a cancelled flight out of Dulles. Arrived at 2am, left at 6am, what can I say, the check-in was speedy and efficient, the bed was very welcome and the shower powerful enough to freshen up after a short sleep.

One thing - having called the hotel from the airport to ensure I wasn't too late for the courtesy shuttle and having been advised to wait at kerb H nothing turned up. At all. Not great service. The airline picked up the taxi fare but the hotel wasted an hour of my precious sleeping time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank timpaws
Va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

Nice clean room. Great golf course! Close to Leesburg discount mall and a variety of resturants.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed here in April and let me tell you, it was lovely! Everything was clean, and the room was gorgeous. Its worth every dollar you spend. The workers were great and they made the ballroom or whatever gorgeous for the meeting we had.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Qwanel,
Thank you for choosing Lansdowne Resort and Spa for your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Virginia.

It was delightful to read your comments concerning our associates and the extra special service that you received from our staff for your event in the ballroom. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with our associates as I know that they appreciate your kind recognition.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Lloyd Williams
NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed here for a wedding, but the wedding was off premise. I called several times to ask about early check-in, which was part of the group deal, and was told every time, to call back hours before I arrived. I was happy to get in town early after a 5 hour drive, and actually get my room sooner then said.

When I walked in, I was taken aback by the PUTRID moldy mildew smell. I was nearly about to request another room, but had to get ready for a wedding. Although the whole room smelled, it was far more apparent when walking in, and while in the bathroom. After talking to a couple at the wedding asking how their room was, it turns out they had the same issue in their first room and changed rooms to another one that smelled just as bad!

I was there by myself, but had 2 double beds? C'est la vie. The first one I sat on, I felt the springs would dart through. The other bed was much better, and the pillows were nice. The TV was poor quality and fuzzy. Ok amenities, the robes were a surprising touch, but the fact that the mouthwash wasn't sealed, freaked me out a little bit.... The walls were horribly thin, and I could hear everything in the halls and room next door!

The icing on the cake, was when I came back to my room after the wedding. I had a huge platter of chocolates, strawberries, champagne glasses, napkins, champagne on ice, etc. Thinking wow, this is nice - maybe an extra touch for the wedding guests? Ate a few chocolates, and then saw a card with the bride and grooms name on it. Confused, and torn over whether or not to open it, I did. It was a congratulatory note to the bride and groom, wishing them well. Considering the bride has the same first name as I, I suppose I could see the mistake, albeit an ENORMOUS one. Why would a bride and groom stay in a room with 2 double beds? It's not like we had the same full name either! Awkwardly enough, being close with the bride, I told her I had accidentally enjoyed chocolates meant for her! Brought her the note to show her as well. Yes, we found it humorous, but the point was that she never got anything, which she did admit, she found odd when she went to her suite that night. She asked that I say something to the front desk, which I did. They found it odd, and asked if they could keep the card. Of course I let them keep it, with the thought that they would definitely be doing something about this. Especially since there were a few more hours before check out.... I spoke to the bride tonight, and she said not one thing was done or given to the newlyweds. Thank you Lansdowne for embarrassing me! I made sure to let oodles of guests know about the accident, but how horrible it must also have felt for the bride and groom to have found that out. And of course, I look like a horrible friend eating chocolates, unbeknownst to me, and opening their card.

Breakfast the next morning was lovely, with a great view. It was a hosted buffet, but I had no complaints. I didn't get a chance to see or use the pool. I found out that our "group rate" was no rate at all. It was the regular room rate. Disgusting.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VPelnar
, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Vpelnar,
Thank you for choosing Lansdowne Resort & Spa for your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Virginia.

It was distressing to read about the problems that you encountered during your recent visit. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and for the constructive manner in which they were given. Please accept our apologies for the misunderstanding with the amenity and for the resulting inconvenience. I spoke with the Director of Food and Beverage and he assured me that a bottle of champagne was delivered to the bride and groom. Our goal, in fact, is to make you feel welcomed and everything in our rooms to be working properly. We hope you would return allowing us to meet and exceed our goals and your expectations.

Best regards,

Lloyd W. Williams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
#3 of 7 in Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North

Been to Lansdowne Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!