“Girl's getaway spa weekend - great time!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
The Good Life Getaway
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Girl's getaway spa weekend - great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

My sister and I share the same birthday month. We were fortunate enough to be able to stay at the Lansdowne Resort for 2 nights. From beginning to end, the staff, service and atmosphere were excellent. The reservationist said she would request a view of the river for us, and we did indeed have a very nice room overlooking the river and part of the golf course. Upon arrival, we found a lovely welcome on the desk; a bottle of champagne cooling on ice and a birthday cupcake with happy birthday written in chocolate script on the plate. Everything was clean and well maintained. Beds were comfortable, as were the towels. The robes in the rooms felt a little rough. We enjoyed the spa experience very much. We both had the mani-pedi and facial, and in between treatments we were able to rest in the guest lounge, and never felt rushed at all. I enjoyed the food, but found it to be very expensive. I guess I agree with some reviewers that this is an older resort, but everything was tasteful, and well taken care of. We will definitely return!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Deb6868
Terrie C, Public Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Dear Deb6868,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback and comments about our staff. We take pride in our employees and it is simply the team's extraordinary commitment to excellence in customer service and support that motivates them to always go the extra mile. All of us at Lansdowne Resort look forward to your return visit and hope we can continue to provide you with memorable experiences.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I went to Lansdowne for a Fri - Sunday getaway. I think this is the perfect spot for locals to get out of town for the weekend - MD, NOVA, DC. Their spa is very nice with a great "after treatment" area with sauna, steam room and hot tub. Their spa treatment prices are typical for a nice spa. Their high end restaurant, On the Potomac, has good food and good service, the food at the other two restaurants in the resort are about average. The rooms are nice - but nothing overly special. Be aware they charge $30 per night for a fridge in the room (if you want one) and there is also a $20 per day resort fee on top of your room charge - which I think is a bit ridiculous. We went wine tasting during the day, the resort is in close proximity to some nice Virgina wineries (less than 30min). Overall, it was a great weekend getaway, perfect for being close to where we live (about 45min).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rshap_05
Dear Rshap_05,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. . We strive to constantly exceed expectations and feedback from our guests is critical to our success in achieving this goal. The $20 resort fee covers parking, usage of the Health Club, internet, bottled water, and newspapers. We look forward to your return visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We booked through Expedia.com, and the hotel staff was unable to find our reservation. I gave the woman at the front desk our confirmation number, and she looked it up later. Then I signed the check-in form which listed a $20 Resort Fee. I asked about the fee, and she crossed it out and said to not worry about it. The fee was on my bill the next morning.

- The hotel's location is a little off the beaten path. We were looking for a nice place to stay for a weekend getaway after outlet shopping, and we would have liked to be closer to town. The resort is kind of in the middle of nowhere, so you have to drive five miles to get to civilization. (I guess that makes sense since it has a golf course.)

- The water pressure in the shower was pretty bad. I think the shower also had an aerator on it, so that didn't help matters.

- The common areas and rooms were well done and modern. No complaints there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear amandahi
Thank you for taking time to write a review on the resort. I will forward your comments about the front office check in procedure to our Front Office Manager and the water pressure issue to our Director of Facilities. Your feedback helps us to recognize problems within the resort and to act quickly to resolve any issues. We look forward to serving you on your next visit.
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stayed here for nearly a week last summer for a business conference. The lobby and common areas of the hotel were very beautiful. The rooms were very nice, but not particularly special. One difficult thing was that I did not have cell phone reception in my room. I have never had that problem anywhere else. It was very frustrating. I have a chronic back problem, and found that the mattresses were not great. However, I will say that the conference center was very nice. The refreshments provided as a part of our conference were also done very well. As some other reviewers noted, the grounds of the hotel are pretty much the golf courses. There is not much else to see if you wanted to go for a walk. However, we did walk down some of the golf paths, which seemed nice.

Overall, the hotel was nice for a business trip. But, if you are not interested in golf I wouldn't recommend it for a pleasure trip at this price point.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear beccarette
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on the resort. We do offer wireless cell reception and was disappointed you were not able to receive a good signal in your room - I will forward your comments to our IT Manager for review. We also have a wonderful Spa for your relaxation and our aquatic center is amazing during the summer. We hope you will consider returning to take full advantage of all our amenities that we have to offer.
work
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My husband took me here for a Valentine's Day weekend. The resort has a very beautiful ambiance, the staff is nice, but that is where it ends. The food was awful! We went to the "...Potomac Restaurant" and were surprised with a Valentine menu, that was $105 per person, with wine $135! You had to order from that menu, which was limited. We left, and ordered room service, which we sent back. The burger (yea, classy) was raw in the middle. They were very accommodating, but we starved. They gave us breakfast coupons for a buffet which we found out was the ONLY place to eat. Though tables were empty, there was a line clear across the hallway! They need to work on their business processes, and get some experienced cooks! Go for massage, but not to stay, or for dinner.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Brinagirl
Dear Brinagirl,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. The feedback from our guests is very important to us; we will take your comments surrounding your stay seriously and will make every effort to improve upon our commitment to the guest. I will inform the Director of Food & Beverage about your dining experiences. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

My mother and I used the Living Social deal and we immediately got the sense that the service we received was not going to be consistent with those paying full price. The front desk was not helpful when we did not have the Living Social voucher number on us. They would not accept our confirmation number/email. We were prompted, in an unfriendly way, to the technology room and were not given any treatment until we provided the voucher number. The spa was a nice experience for me (Dave was an amazing massage therapist) but entirely unpleasant for my mother. She was told by her therapist that since she had the Living Social deal, she would only receive a light, relaxation massage. My mother complained to the front staff because the massage was so light, there is was neither relaxing nor therapeutic in anyway. To be fair, they did remove the gratuity. Afterwards, we ate at On the Potomac. The food was average. My biggest qualm was that the soup I ordered was very unappetizing. The server said he would take it off the bill (since I did not eat it) but there was a charge for the soup when I checked out of the hotel on the final bill. After dinner, my mother and I just wanted to go back to the room (which was very spacious, fortunately) and watch a movie. We were shocked to see that the few selections available On Demand were $17.99 and even the 30 min television programs (e.g., old episodes of The Offce) were $4.99. All in all, the hotel was decent but it was the spa that left me impressed. However, it seems like the service you will receive from the spa is spotty - at least if you go with Living Social.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Hope B
Dear Hope B,
Thank you for bringing to our attention your dissatisfaction with your recent experience at Lansdowne Resort. While we make every attempt to provide the highest level of service and hospitality to our guests, it was disturbing to hear we did not meet your expectations. We take all comments seriously and are addressing your concerns with the Spa Director and will make every effort to correct the circumstances that led to your unpleasant experience. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. Thank you again for your review.
Auburn, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I last stayed at Lansdowne in August of 2011 and posted a review at that time. In that review I mentioned that the TVs could use an upgrade. On my latest visit I was pleasantly surprised by the additions of a large flat screen TV (at least 42") and an in room safe. This is definitely my favorite place to stay when business traveling. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and the food is good. There's a mini coffee/tea maker and 2 bottled waters are replenished every day. I also like that there are robes for use.

My only hesitation at a 5 / Excellent review would be the size of the room (a bit small) and the quality of the towels (rough and a little worn).

This is definitely my home away from home for business travel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Coastal Girl 4,
We appreciate your wonderful comments about our resort. Receiving comments like yours is valuable to the operation of the resort. If you’re back in the Virginia area during the summer, our aquatic complex is most relaxing and we also have a free concert on Friday evening. We look forward to having you back at the resort for another wonderful experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
4.5 of 5 stars 211 reviews
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Courtyard Dulles Town Center

Been to Lansdowne Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!