We were told that if we got the weekend escape we would not have to leave the hotel. With 5 restaurants on site, a spa, indoor pool and breakfast in our room, if we preferred, what could go wrong?
1. Two of the places in the clubhouse close down around 6 o'clock on this Saturday night.
2. We could not eat in the Tavern or the Grille because they were closed off for private parties.
3. Our choice was the fine dining restaurant - which averages $50/person with dinner and drink.So, we went out.
4. When we ordered breakfast to the room, we were told we had a $25 limit. Not bad, until you see that a basic breakfast costs $16, plus $3 delivery plus $3 gratuity plus $2 tax. That is without coffee or juice. So even though they promise breakfast in your room as part of the package, you really cannot get it without paying extra for a complete meal.
5. When we went down to dinner at the Grille on Sunday evening, the food was minimal, cold and inedible. Several things were left over from the brunch we had attended that morning. We were unable to eat the food, left a tip for the waitress and went out again.
Our $620.00 weekend away cost us over $900 after we paid for edible food and extras out of pocket that were part of the package.
If you go, plan to do things ala carte. Pay for the room, add what you
want and check out the food on the buffet before you sit down. We loved the room. the bellmen were wonderful and our waitress was incredible. If only the rest of the experience was as wonderful.
For example, when I questioned the "manager on duty" he was more than a little rude and did nothing to help me. We left feeling taken advantage of and unappreciated. Doubt we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lansdowne Resort and Spa, A Destination Hotel is the ultimate sanctuary of sophistication and renewal, inspired by the "good life" of Virginia Wine Country. The resort features three world class golf courses, a destination spa, recreation and four restaurants. A refreshing getaway from Washington, D.C., the resort's beautiful natural setting in Leesburg, Virginia, sprawls 476 acres along the Potomac River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Lansdowne Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lansdowne Hotel Leesburg
- Lansdowne Resort Leesburg
- Lansdowne Resort Va