“Great weekend getaway for DC area residents”

Lansdowne Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Odenton, Maryland
“Great weekend getaway for DC area residents”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Had great service... Allowed very early check in so we could hit the area wineries. Clean, quiet... Everything we were looking for. Going back in February.

• Stayed November 2011
Lansdowne_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Dear CMS0310,

We appreciate you taking time to write a review for the resort and thank you for your valuable feedback. We strive to constantly exceed expectations and feedback from our guests is critical to our success in achieving this goal. We look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Last month after flight delays made it impossible to catch my connecting flight, United put me up in the Lansdowne Resort for a night. After a long flight from Beijing, I was grumpy and tired and ticked off. Imagine my surprise at finding (at 11pm) a Lansdowne staff eager to help, soothe and feed at least 40 of us on such short notice. The staff was extraordinarily polite and helpful. The facility was clean and shiny. A real treat from the dirt and pollution of Beijing. Room Service stayed open and had a Burger to my room in quick time. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom, small but immaculate. In the morning, the view of the golf sourse was lovely - a very welcome sight. This is a great little place with excellent staff and management. Bravo!!

Room Tip: As it is in the country, all views are lovely but a golf course view is extra soothing.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Lansdowne_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear Bookshelfish,
We appreciate you taking time to write a review for the resort and thank you for your valuable feedback. We strive to constantly exceed expectations and feedback from our guests is critical to our success in achieving this goal. We take pride in our employees and it is simply the team's extraordinary commitment to excellence in customer service and support that motivates them to always go the extra mile. We hope to see you back if your travel brings you to Virginia.
Washington DC
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We're not golfers, but we stay at Lansdowne resort when we're in the area. The rooms are bright and well appointed with luxurious beds, and the service is consistently good. The food (both room service and at the restaurants is always high quality). I've heard great things about the golf club and course but don't know golf so can't verify. Occasionally we see Redskins or other celebrities there playing golf.

Room Tip: the river view is nice
Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Dorn C,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback and taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your willingness to share your experience. We look forward to your return visit to Lansdowne.
California
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Great place for any meeting or conference. Located close to DC metro area and airports. The meeting package is a super value, as a planner it is nice to have a purpose built facility with services in-house.
Love the bar, best bartenders in the country and the variety of food and cook to order breakfast ruins my diet all the time.

• Stayed June 2011
Dear Jfeil,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your review and to let you know how much we appreciate your comments about the resort and our staff. All of us at Lansdowne Resort enjoyed having you with us and making your stay a wonderful experience. We look forward to providing you with the highest level of service and hospitality should your travels bring you back to this area.
Madison, Mississippi
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Last month I stayed at the resort for three nights for business. It was not my first stay and as always the overall experience was great, but this time something remarkable happened. At check in I realized I forgot my credit card at the restaurant where I just had dinner, about 15 minutes away. I was exhausted after a long day of travel. The person at the front desk asked me for the name of the restaurant and immediately called them. Not only she stayed on hold for a while waiting for the manager, she then had someone from the staff go to the restaurant to pick up my card and she personnaly delivered it to my room. I have been a frequent traveler for over 25 years and never had an expirience quit like this one. Amazing!

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Lansdowne_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Dear Nydia R:
We appreciate you taking time to write a review for the resort and thank you for your valuable feedback. Lisa is a valued employee who has embraced the hospitality business with high integrity, great attitude and a willingness to listen to our guests and to understand their needs. She has a “can do” attitude and takes pleasure in everything she does. We take pride in our employees and it is simply the team's extraordinary commitment to excellence in customer service and support that motivates them to always go the extra mile. All of us at Lansdowne Resort look forward to your return visit and hope we can provide you a memorable experience. Again, thank you and I will forward your message to Lisa.
Catonsville, Maryland, United States
Reviewed November 2, 2011

All I can say is AMAZING! My wife and I stayed at Lansdowne Resort for a romantic getaway. The spa was so relaxing to get the night started. We followed that up with a delicious dinner at On the Potomac, where the staff was so kind and helpful. They also helped me set-up little romantic touches like chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in the room upon check-in. All in all I couldn't ask for a better experience. The only downside was the weather and we could take advantage of the golf course. Maybe next time!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Lansdowne_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Dear Jason S,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We appreciate you taking time to write a review and informing us of your wonderful stay. I will share your comments with our staff and our senior leadership team. We look forward to your return visit. Again, thank you.
Arlington, VA
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Just completed a one night stay at Lansdowne on a mini Staycation with my wife. We live in the district and wanted to get away without driving more than an hour or so. That leaves very few options! We settled on Lansdowne and built in an afternoon of hitting the local wineries - was a great way to spend a fall day. I was very surprised by the hotel - it's beautiful. I had no idea there was a place like that out there. The hotel was very slow on our stay, so we were limited to what we could do. Ended up doing dinner at their sports bar and it was fantastic. The catfish sliders were really good. They have a great shuffleboard table with electronic scoring and a few nice red pool tables as well. It was a Sunday and all of the NFL games were on. On a future stay, I'll try their fine dining restaurant as I've heard good things.

The rooms are really nice. Many of them have balconies that look out onto their driving range and from a higher floor you get a good look at Sugarloaf mountain. In room coffee and water (and it's the the little cartridge coffees). They could use more outlets by the beds would be my only complaint there. The bed was extremely comfortable and I had great HD (at least I think it was) TV with every channel you can think of.

We had roomservice the next morning and that was good - food was fine and OJ was freshly squeezed. Also used the gym which was great for a hotel gym. Has an indoor lap pool as well.

My wife hit the spa for a massage and she said it was lovely. She mentioned that it was enormous and very relaxing to be in. I intend to golf next time, I've heard the course is fantastic.

All in all, if you can wrap in something fun to do out in the burb's, this is a really fun trip. It's a piece of cake to get to and the hotel has all sorts of amenities. This is a great get-a-way spot to get outside the beltway.

Room Tip: I think you want to face off to the driving range... you get the mountain view and that's the di...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear gtoreo,

Thank you for all the wonderful comments about our resort and staff. Receiving feedback from our guests is important to us. We value your opinion and appreciate the unique opportunity to see ourselves through the eyes of our customers.

All of us at Lansdowne Resort enjoyed having you with us and making your stay a wonderful experience. We look forward to providing you with the highest level of service and hospitality on your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
#3 of 7 in Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North

Been to Lansdowne Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!