Lansdowne Resort and Spa
$102
$112
$105
Comfort Suites Leesburg(Leesburg)(Great Value!)
$119
ComfortSuites
$137
$124
$89
$144
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North(Ashburn)(Great Value!)
$170
$149
Homewood
EmbassySuites.com
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
2,205 results
All reviewsgolf courseriverside hearthgolf clubpotomac rivergirls weekendbreakfast buffetbusiness meetingbeautiful propertyfire pitfitness centerindoor pooldc areadulles airportweddingryecotonclubhouse
Reviewed August 8, 2011

1. Valet staff rarely there when we needed them...rarely
2. Bathroom outdated; too small---this is a big point for a "resort".
3. $22 + tip for an Irish coffee (had side Kaluha shot...small pour I might add). We paid $21 for a drink in the palazzo in Venice and thought that was a total ripoff. Drink prices too expensive in relation to the "pour".
4. Newspapers to purchase were AROUND THE CORNER from front desk...missed it on one of my two days (I am a newspaper junkie).
5. Drink/candy, etc. around corner from front desk is FAR TOO INADEQUATE FOR A "RESORT"...OK FOR A COMFORT INN.
6. NO ALL IMPORTANT "ITEMIZATION" ON ROOM INVOICES..PURE TORTURE TRYING TO GET QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY FRONT DEASK STAFF (not their fault either!).
7. very poor directions off FIRST exit coming from Tyson's (not second and main one). I asked quite a few staff on that one and they all agreed!
8. Had breakfast free per Travel Zoo [I WILL be writing their President a return-receipt letter]. So why charge me for my double espresso drinks AFTER THE WAITER...MARCO...EXPLAINED THAT ALL THE BREAKFAST CHARGES WOULD BE REMOVED AT CHECKOUT...I SAID TO HIM THIS WAS JUST A 'DEVICE' SO THE STAFF COULD GET THEIR TIPS...HE AGREED...LOUSY SYSTEM + I GOT CHEATED AS I WAS NOT TOLD UP FRONT...THE ALL IMPORTANT "UP FRONT" THAT I WOULD BE CHARGED FOR EXPRESSO.
8. Customers pay a significant charge for their room and only get the lousy Gannett paper....would it be too much to ask for a free Washington Post too? And how about a note that they can have delivered for a fee to their room (a vary reasonable one) other papers like the WSJ?
9. No EASY elevator to downstairs dinning rooms (i have a VA disability)...would be easier in some cases to crawl up (only a slight exaggeration!).
10. I used to live for many years in Great Falls....so I know the complete history of that property. AT SOME POINT LANDSDOWNE DID NOT STAY A 'RESORT' BUT A BUSINESS MEETING HOTEL....and again, all the staff I presented this with agreed. Each 'segment' has different needs (sans golf/swimming pools/spa)...virtually nothing for 'kids' except pools.
Well, I could probably go on, but my comments will have a much better chance of being read and addressed in "Trip Advisor", your Holding Company and Travel Zoo...for starters. Even at the price we received it was not worth the value...in short, that all important business phrase no "VALUE ADDED".
John Ondrick [rooms 219 & 224 last week]

8  Thank georgetown65
Seth_Petersen, Guest Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Dear Georgetown65,

I have reviewed your comments from your recent stay with us at Lansdowne Resort. I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve our service and resort.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at the Lansdowne Resort. We stayed in a king room with views of the pools and golf course. The room was very clean and upon arrival we found a small cake and a glass of cold milk in our room congratulating us on our anniversary. The cake was delicious and we thought it was a very nice gesture on the part of the resort. The resort has 4 pools and although they are not large, they are spacious enough so that we never felt crowded. We walked around the grounds and enjoyed the views from the outdoor seating areas. My husband didn't golf at the resort, but we plan to return someday so that he can. Overall, we had an excellent stay and we highly recommend this resort to anyone loking for a nice stay near Leesburg, Va.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roaming7733
Seth_Petersen, Guest Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Dear Roaming7733,

First and foremost, happy anniversary. Thank you very much for the review and wonderful comments from your recent stay. We look forward to having you and your husband return soon for another visit and a round of golf. Thanks again for your kind words and recommendation.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2011

I traveled from Philadelphia to Lansdowne for a last-minute weekend getaway with my boyfriend. We had an amazing experience and can't wait to return. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the resort was beautiful. There is plenty to do, whether you want to be active or relax by one of the pools. I have stayed at numerous resorts like Lansdowne and it exceeded my expectations. A couple of thoughts:

1. If you are going to be a romantic AND family-friendly resort, maybe you could try to place families with kids on a different floor. It was a bit annoying to be woken up at 7am by screaming kids running down the hall. Also, it would be nice to make one pool for adults only. Although one of the pools was very quiet and relaxing at first, a few families came over with 5+ kids and it definitely changed the ambience.
2. With all the wineries nearby, it would be great if you could offer a shuttle service. I would have no problem paying for it!
3. More tennis courts - there was only one available because the other one had clinics/lessons.
4. Breakfast served outside. The grounds are actually beautiful...I would have loved to sit outside and enjoy the sun while eating brunch.

Overall, it was an amazing experience and we can't wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ericacoh13

Dear ericacoh13,

In reading your review, I can see you had a wonderful time while staying at Lansdowne. Thank you very much for your thoughts; they have been shared with our team for further review and consideration. Without your feedback, we cannot continue to make improvements to our resort and services. Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Best,

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We got into Lansdowne Resort because United cancelled our flight and would not rebook us until the following day. This was not our choice, but my 5yo and I were so very pleasantly surprised by this property! I would describe it to friends as a Westin-type resort property, with a golf course instead of a beach, and maybe just a tad below a Westin in the quality of the rooms. There is a beautiful golf course, a really fabulous pool complex with 3 outdoor pools (one has a big waterslide), a small area of fountains you can play in, and an indoor pool; and there is also a playground and sand vollyball pits. We saw a spa that looked nice but didn't have time to try. We were without luggage, and between the golf pro shop and the gift shop we got everything we needed. BUT THE MOST IMPRESSIVE THING HERE is the SERVICE!!!! 5 STAR, absolutely hands down, from EVERY SINGLE person I encountered. Really nice, really pleasant, really not snobby at all, and really, really willing and anxious to do absolutely anything that is needed to make you feel safe and cared-for. NOW, you get all this, AND it's not costly. Our rooms were comped, so I don't know about room prices, but we spent $16 for two on one of the most fabulous breakfast buffets I have ever seen in a resort hotel, and my $30 room service dinner was surprisingly good.

Bottom line: I really love this place. You can't beat wonderful people. Come for a couple of nights with your kids and enjoy the pools and a rest from the craziness that is Washington DC. And enjoy the rest on your wallet too!

Room Tip: Get 3rd floor or above. Ask for a golf course view.
2  Thank nellaesque
Seth_Petersen, Guest Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Dear nellaesque,

We are delighted to hear that you and your 5yo enjoyed your stay at our resort. We are very fortunate to have a top-notch staff that is willing and ready to make every stay unique, regardless of the circumstances for your visit. It is a pleasure to hear when we are successful in our efforts. Thanks so much for your comments, we hope to see you poolside again soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

We had an excellent last minute getaway with our infant. The hotel is nearby vineyards, Wegmans and the outlets. We had a super easy check in. The crib we had requested was ready and waiting for us. We had a great time at the pools and my husband enjoyed the slide in particular. Too hot for golf but we plan to return. We had a delightful dinner and a bottle of wine on the patio overlooking the lovely view. This was just what the dr ordered. We left feeling refreshed and relaxed and we were only there 1 night! We will definitely be back. Most of the staff we encountered were eager to help and wanted to make sure we were having a good time.

What could be better: drink service at the pool would be nice, relaxed (think steel-drum band) music at the pool and some "mood" music on the terrace at the golf pub and patio, and a little better training for the servers (we had to ask for silverware after our food was served and our food came out before our drinks on a different occasion) and of course babysitting for infants.

1  Thank onthegogirl51
Seth_Petersen, Guest Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2011

Dear onthegogirl51,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent visit. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay; it sounds as if your husband had a blast! Thank you, also, for your recommendations. On Saturdays we keep the pools and café open late for our guests, during that time we bring in a steel drum band to provide the music. Drink service is offered poolside, I apologize that it was not present during your stay. If you would please reach out to let us know when you stayed, I would like to follow up on error as it not up to our service standards. I have shared these and your other comments amongst the senior leadership for further review and consideration. Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you soon.