All reviewshistoric househotel restaurantgeneral managerdecent hotelroom was clean and comfortablewedding guestsintegrityvirginia
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, it's not a new hotel, but the furnshings and decor are up to date. That had to be one of the best hotel mattress we have every slept on. Just great. We headed up to the restarant for dinner on Sunday evening, not realizing that the dinning room wasn't open, just the lounge, we were not in the mood for lounge dinning so the bar tender/waiter Bill opened the dinning room just for us, we had the whole place to ourselves and our meal was outstanding. I would suggest you try the Salmon.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stayed here Columbus Day weekend for a friend's wedding outside of Leesburg. The location of this hotel is probably one of its biggest weaknesses, right off of busy Route 7 and only accessible from one side of the freeway.

The building incorporates a historic house, which I appreciated. The lobby is newly remodeled and very nice. The staff was perfecltly friendly and helpful.

The rooms were nice, with fairly comfortable beds and nice bathrooms.

We ate one morning at the buffet. It was ok but not worth the price (in my mind). The service was great though, so I disagree with other reviewers who thought the restaurant service was bad. Our waiter kept our coffee and juice full and even took a picture of the brand of coffee when my husband asked what it was (it turned out to be Giant brand- but it was great!)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2010

The room at the hotel was OK although somewhat stuffy. My main complaint is with the restaurant. We went for breakfast and the wait staff was rude and unresponsive. They have no concept of customer focus. Basically avoid the hotel restaurant like the plague!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
HolidayInnCarradoc, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with our hotel. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. I apologize that your experience at the restaurant did not meet expectations, I assure you we take great pride in our customer service and I would welcome the opportunity to host you again upon your return to the area. If possible please contact me at the hotel, so I can have a chance to follow up with your concerns. David Brooks General Manager

Reviewed September 30, 2010

I booked this hotel before checking this site. After reading reviews here I began to worry. My worries turned out to be needless. Maybe our room was in the remodeled wing. The room was clean, nicely decorated, and quiet. There were some chips in the shower surround but the bathroom was spotless. As with most Holiday Inns the bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows. Breakfast buffet ( we had vouchers) was nothing special but the food was fine and service good. The restaurant area was pretty. All in all exactly what I've come to expect from this brand.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2010

We stayed at this hotel before our flight to London. The room was very comfortable and the beds were the best we had on our trip. Having a shuttle to Dulles save out having to drive into that mess. The restaurant was charming, especially Bill from Greece. The manager, David Brooks, could not have been nicer and more hospitible.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends