WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Pittsburgh, PA
“Musty Damp Room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

The exterior of the hotel looked nice enough. The landscaping was nice and neat. The room however was not as nice. The carpet was worn and the room had a musty smell and a damp feel to it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank milady01
HolidayInnCarradoc, Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg, responded to this review, April 22, 2010
Thank you for your review, my team and I take great pride in our customer service and cleanliness. I apologize that your stay was anything but excellent and I hope you will contact me directly upon your return to the area.
David Brooks - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2009

I can't say enough. This is a special place. When traveling to the area in late September, I became very ill (go-by-ambulance-to-the-hospital-ill). I was staying at Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg. Believe it or not, and despite the fact that I could hardly get out of bed because of pneumonia and seemingly unstoppable vomiting, Lansdowne would not extend my stay, saying they were "overbooked." That hotel didn't even offer to help me find another place. I am so fortunate that my office found this Holiday Inn. They were gracious, attentive, sympathetic and, after hearing my condition, upgraded me to a small suite. By the way, very comfortable room, bedding and sheets, great TV screen---Very nice.
Choose them.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay at out hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

David Brooks - General Manager
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2009

I was traveling into Leesburg, Va for a conference held at the Landsdown Conference center in June. The rates were double at the conference center so I shoped and found the Holiday Inn for $100 a night. Overall the hotel was nice and the beds were extremely comfortable. I had dinner in the bar which made a pretty good burger. Overall I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

I booked this because of the old house allure that was attached to the hotel and right on a busy road. Unfortunately the old house needed lots of work and was really tired, peeling paint, worn carpet, etc. There was lots of trash around the hotel and outdoor dining where we parked in the event parking lot. Also lots of wild cats greeted us as we exited our car that night...really scary since we just had one at our house that had rabies. This needs to be addressed for safety. Very loud parties going on during the night. Bathroom paper peeling, grout dirty and pulled away from wall. Room had nice decor, smelled musty and a/c didn't cool well enough for a comfortable sleep. Breakfast buffet was fine but took forever to get waited on for other articles. Front night clerk was very rude upon checkin...she should be better trained. Won't stay here again.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Arlington, VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2009

I suppose the regular motel rooms are OK, but we opted for the "romance package" since it was our anniversary, in the historic hall. It would help to have more info. about the history - there was none. The room needed refurbishing - no bedspread, shades broken, missed opportunities for colonial touches. No champagne as promised in the add, and the pool needed maintenance. Neither front desk nor restaurant was familiar with what the "romance package" included. Restaurant fare predominantly sandwiches, although good quality. The next morning, the man at the desk was polite, helpful and reduced our rates.
Location is not easy to get to, is not convenient to downtown Leesburg, and might work of you were booking on Priceline, got a refurbished motel, not historic, room, didn't care to know much history, and don't plan to swim.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kpanfil
York, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

Rooms were nicely decorated but were not ready for check in till about 4pm. We were on the first floor and the floor above creaked so badly that we thought that the person above might fall through. The airconditioner was dirty and smelled musty. Breakfast took 45 minutes to be served. We asked to see the manager and he never came to our table. Skip this hotel!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Richmond
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2009

I am a musician had a double booked show for 2 nights in Leesburg and Purcellville so I needed a room for Friday night and the day on Saturday. The staff was very friendly and made me feel at home. I grew up in the area and has passed the mansion many times, and had never dreamed I would say there, as I know live in Richmond. I found everything must have been renovated reading the other reviews here- it was very nice !

The only complaint I might have is my bathroom door would not shut all the way. But the room was very clean and they had a nice flat panel TV and nicely furnished inside. It was very good for the money. Clean towels, shower, and sinks. The beds were nice and comfortable (and believe you me, I hate sleeping in hotels!). But it wasnt a problem. The location to Leesburg, Sterling, and other areas in Loudoun is a great plus. The carpets and everything were immaculate. I couldnt have found a better place near Leesburg in a pinch.

The only other thing I didnt like, was coming from Leesburg you cannot make a left into the entrance. You have to drive 1/4 mile and then make a U-Turn at the next light on Rt. 7. Still, I found the location great and I enjoyed my stay. Much better than the tacky Best Western in town !

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank RichmondBread
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
#3 of 7 in Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Courtyard Dulles Town Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun

Been to Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg? Share your experiences!