All reviews historic mansion hotel restaurant decent hotel room was clean and comfortable front desk staff wine country the general manager dulles airport wegmans shuttle wineries virginia
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I recently stayed here for business. As my tittle says, a very typical Holiday Inn with a little "not so good" added…or subtracted. OK rooms, and service, good location and reasonable rates. But this one fell just short of even Holiday Inn standards in my book. My room had a constantly running toilet that never got fixed despite my requesting repair twice. (I wound up just turning off the water at night.) The hotel restaurant is Indian cuisine. Call me picky, but I just couldn't get my mind around eating an American breakfast with the heavy smell of curry in the air. There was a table for coffee in the lobby but there was no sign of the magic brew at 7 AM. No small store to pick up a candy bar or dental floss. This hotel just lacked the little things that make business travel a little nicer and I will not stay there again.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
HolidayInnCarradoc, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Please let me first say how truly sorry I am that you were not completely satisfied with you recent stay at our property. We strive to make the stay of each and every guest exceptional and I personally hold myself responsible when we are not able to do so. I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I will discuss all of your comments with the appropriate departments in order to insure if any of these issue would occur again that they are handled more appropriately. I would like to ask you if it would be possible for you to contact me so I may find out the room number you occupied so I can have my engineer inspect the room. I would also like to extend the offer is you are in the area again to please give us another chance to better serve you. I would like to personally handle your reservation please contact me directly. I can be reached via email at laura.fletcher@baywoodhotels.com or via phone at 703-771-9200. Thank you again for your time in writing your review.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Chose this hotel because of it's location to the venue for a wedding we were going to at the golf course. Also I frequently choose holiday inn whenever I travel. This particular hotel was very quaint and is part of a historic house. The room was very spacious and clean. Easily located right off the highway. I would definitely look into staying here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I chose this since it was listed as "close to Dulles international airport" and we were getting in kind of late so it seemed like a good idea.
I also like Holiday Inn in general, they keep a good decent standard to decent prices.

The hotel wasn't what I'd call "close" to the airport, but we had a rental car and they did have a Shuttle so that is forgiven.
The area was more than calm and we didn't hear a peep all night.

It would seem the establishment was aiming for conferences and occasions and as such it might be fine, but it was definitely not a place to stay for vacation.
The rooms looked liked every other hotel room in the US but a bit more worn down than one would wish for.
In the night it got below freezing outside and that we noticed inside in the morning.
But the beds where way better than average, probably some of the best beds I've ever had in a hotel, so sleeping well wasn't a problem.

Breakfast wasn't complementary and the ambiance of the breakfast room made us choose iHop down the street instead.

Room tip: Turn the heat up if it's cold outside
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Bjorn_J73
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Bjorn_J73,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the location of the hotel. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I picked this hotel because it was only $10 more than the cheapest but the pictures looked so much nicer! It looked just as nice as the pictures pulling up, more like a bed and breakfast.

There wasn't an elevator which made unloading a bit of a hassle, but that's the only bad thing I can say. The rooms felt luxurious; I was surprised how well they were furnished. The beds were super comfortable and had both soft AND firm pillows.

Also, there was a very nice bar in the hotel. There is nothing like an ice cold draft after a long day with family. Plus the owner opened up the kitchen after hours for me so I could sample their delicious Indian food. It was so good!

I loved that the place was surrounded by shopping. Outlet malls, shopping centers, and downtown was only a few minutes down the road! I could have spent my whole stay within 10 minutes of the hotel and never wanted to leave. I can not say enough wonderful things about it!

This hotel was worth the price and then some! I can't wait to go back and stay with my boyfriend!

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I want to thank Andrew and his wonderful staff for providing my mother with a wonderful 95th birthday event. The room set up and decorations were above and beyond anything I could have imagined - so beautiful!! The food was excellent and I have to say Andrew went out of his way to provide a wonderful experience for the kids at the event by providing them with pizza (for those that did not want what the adults were eating) to making (on the spur of moment I might add) a wonderful carrot desert for one guest who had celiac disease (and by the way everyone else loved it to).
Thanks again to Andrew and staff for a wonderful time!

Date of stay: March 2014