WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg

Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Sweden
“So what's "close" to the airport?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I chose this since it was listed as "close to Dulles international airport" and we were getting in kind of late so it seemed like a good idea.
I also like Holiday Inn in general, they keep a good decent standard to decent prices.

The hotel wasn't what I'd call "close" to the airport, but we had a rental car and they did have a Shuttle so that is forgiven.
The area was more than calm and we didn't hear a peep all night.

It would seem the establishment was aiming for conferences and occasions and as such it might be fine, but it was definitely not a place to stay for vacation.
The rooms looked liked every other hotel room in the US but a bit more worn down than one would wish for.
In the night it got below freezing outside and that we noticed inside in the morning.
But the beds where way better than average, probably some of the best beds I've ever had in a hotel, so sleeping well wasn't a problem.

Breakfast wasn't complementary and the ambiance of the breakfast room made us choose iHop down the street instead.

Room Tip: Turn the heat up if it's cold outside
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bjorn_J73
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Bjorn_J73,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the location of the hotel. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
rawry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I picked this hotel because it was only $10 more than the cheapest but the pictures looked so much nicer! It looked just as nice as the pictures pulling up, more like a bed and breakfast.

There wasn't an elevator which made unloading a bit of a hassle, but that's the only bad thing I can say. The rooms felt luxurious; I was surprised how well they were furnished. The beds were super comfortable and had both soft AND firm pillows.

Also, there was a very nice bar in the hotel. There is nothing like an ice cold draft after a long day with family. Plus the owner opened up the kitchen after hours for me so I could sample their delicious Indian food. It was so good!

I loved that the place was surrounded by shopping. Outlet malls, shopping centers, and downtown was only a few minutes down the road! I could have spent my whole stay within 10 minutes of the hotel and never wanted to leave. I can not say enough wonderful things about it!

This hotel was worth the price and then some! I can't wait to go back and stay with my boyfriend!

• Stayed April 2014
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I want to thank Andrew and his wonderful staff for providing my mother with a wonderful 95th birthday event. The room set up and decorations were above and beyond anything I could have imagined - so beautiful!! The food was excellent and I have to say Andrew went out of his way to provide a wonderful experience for the kids at the event by providing them with pizza (for those that did not want what the adults were eating) to making (on the spur of moment I might add) a wonderful carrot desert for one guest who had celiac disease (and by the way everyone else loved it to).
Thanks again to Andrew and staff for a wonderful time!

Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

The hotel was very comfortable, and had the feel of an Inn not a chain hotel. The beds were wonderful and we all got a great nights sleep. We checked in around 4pm and were greeted by a very nice gentleman at the front desk who was very helpful. After finding our rooms we went to the lounge and had a drink before dinner and that was very pleasant as well, we had dinner in the on site restaurant which was great the service was wonderful and the food was very good. If we ever find ourselves in Leesburg again we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnCarradoc, General Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
I am very please to hear you had a "Wonderful Stay" and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is also nice to hear that we provided you with great service and were able to make your stay in Leesburg enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again in the future I would love to personally handle your reservation. Laura Fletcher
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

Our association just held its annual Awards Ceremony in the Ballroom of the hotel. Andrew Mercer and his staff created this elegant room to provide that special feeling for our award recipients. Working with Andrew is great!!!! He is completely on top of all tasks and offers more than I could imagine. The food was exceptional!!! Our guests were amazed by the Mashed Potato Bar!!! Some had never heard of it and thought it to be a delightful experience. As the event planner, I have to thank Andrew for making me look good!!!! Great job Andrew, can't wait to have another event with you. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Teresa K
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I held a coaches appreciation dinner for my volunteers in Special Olympics Virginia on March 30, 2014. I worked with Andrew Mercer, the Sales & Catering Manager for the hotel and had nothing but an exceptional experience! From the start he was more than willing to work with us and the room was beautifully set up. The wait staff did an excellent job working with some of our athletes that helped serve dinner as well. I will be hosting many more events at the hotel and cannot say enough great things about Mr. Mercer.

Room Tip: did not stay.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Eamonn G
Birmingham UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights, we did not eat at the hotel and nothing would inspire us to do so, but the rooms were serviceable and we all slept really well. The hotel is a bit 'quirky' ( I can understand why some have said aspects of the hotel were 'odd' - and they are) the pervading smell of air fresheners with Indian spice aroma's was a little off-putting. It has the feel of a 'first generation' style of roadside hotel, complete with original 'a/c machines' built behind the older 'Caradoc Hall', some of the finishes are dated and a mis-match but it delivered economy level accommodation, a good nights sleep and a base to explore around the town and beyond to the wineries and mountains.

Room Tip: Ask for one they have most recently refurbished.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnCarradoc, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you so much for your honest feedback of our property. We truly value you your thoughts regarding your experience with us. While the age of our property present us with unique challenges, we are delighted that the hotels amenities provided you with a convenient location to Loudoun County's many area attractions. We hope to continue the improvements made to this property in the coming months and I would like to invite you try us again when you are next in the area.

Most Sincerely,
Charity Miller
Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
#3 of 7 in Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Courtyard Dulles Town Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun

Been to Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg? Share your experiences!