All reviews historic mansion hotel restaurant decent hotel room was clean and comfortable wine country front desk staff dulles airport wegmans shuttle wineries virginia
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a gorgeous wedding in Carradoc Hall's historic Mansion--with five fireplaces, hardwood floors and gold linens. The hotel's Silk restaurant catered a fabulous dinner of Indian and American cuisine. We had a full bar, a special table for the kids, a chocolate fountain and absolutely amazing service. The accommodations were immaculate with big soft beds. Thanks to the hotel's Andrew Mercer we and our guests had a dream experience.

Date of stay: January 2014
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was one of the winners of the Facebook contest they were running that was an overnight room and tickets to their Gala that was from 8-1am with food and beverage. I arrived early to the hotel to get ready. The front desk staff already knew I was a facebook wionner and congratulated me on that and gave me nformation for my room. They also gave me a detailed map of the room location and the area of the party. On my departure from the front desk, again they told me that if i needed anything at all during my stay to let them know.

I am in Hospitality as well so when I got to my room I was pleasantly surprised. I had heard a few less positive things about the hotel being outdated but I thought the opposite. It is a lovely traditional style hotel that all goes together along with the historic mansion. My room was clean, comfortable and i felt very secure and safe. That is very important to me. My bathroom was also very clean. I dont normally take a bath in a hotel but I had a nice bubble bath before my party.

I went to the party and was amazed at the different types of food. An Indian restaurant had catered the event but all in all the Holiday Inn did a great job. At one point i ran into the General Manager helping with kids in the "kids" area. I was surprised that they would allow children at the party, but they had an assigned place.

I was mailed my tickets from the Director of Sales Joe Mccorey and he showed me around the area as well. I can see an event here or possibly take part in one of the wine getaways.

Breakfast in the morning was good, waffles, hash browns but we were in the dining room by ourselves. Guess everyone else was sleeping.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HolidayInnCarradoc, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Hello Toni H,

Thank you for the fabulous review! We are so delighted that you had a splendid time at the event and enjoyed your stay while at our hotel. Hope to see you at next years New Years Eve Event!

We would love to have you back again when you plan your trip for visiting wineries in the area.

Have a very Happy New Year!

Most Sincerely,

Charity Miller
Front Office Manager
(703) 771-9200

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is one strange place. Room was clean but whole adventure was surreal. There was a cat lady on the property with many, and I mean many, cats that she comes and feeds. The property is in need of repair. They had three different reservations in our name and none were correct. There is a hookah bar on the property, not really a restaurant. Just an overhaul uncomfortable feeling. The two redeeming points were
there is are good places to go in downtown Leesburg like the Wine Kitchen and the young man that picked us up from the airport to bring us back to our car was delightful.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
HolidayInnCarradoc, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear ElizabethF920,

I appreciate your sending the review, without the help of our customers giving us feedback we would not know what needs to be addressed on the guest side.

I do want to let you know that we are aware of the "cat lady" that visits us on our property. She is an advocate for the Loudoun County Humane Society and comes into our area to feed and humanely trap the cats to be neutered and spayed. The Humane Society then will place them up for adoption in there center. We are so pleased that 11 of them have found forever homes in this past year. I am sorry this made you feel uncomfortable, she has a schedule with us to come in either the evening or the early morning so that it is not disrupting to guests that are staying with us.

When you had a comment about the Hooka Bar, we did have one several months ago for a short time. It was closed and our Mansion House is currently under a re-model and we would love for you to visit us upon its completion at the end of this month.

We do have a full service food and beverage operation managing our Restaurant and Lounge. We serve breakfast, lunch and a very nice dinner. We also provide room service if you are so inclined to relax in your room.

I invite you to give me a call should you have additional concerns that I can help you with.

I am glad you gave us your feedback.

Joe McCarey
Director of Sales

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on our wedding night in Oct. 2013. We chose this hotel because of the proximity to the venue, it had a bar, and looked gorgeous. It was beyond awful. First off, there is an Indian restaurant at the hotel and the curry smell is overpowering. There was a party going on that was so loud we couldn't even begin to enjoy our wedding night. The bed was so horribly uncomfortable we couldn't have slept even if it was quiet. We ended up leaving the hotel on our wedding night and driving an hour home just to get a few hours of sleep before driving an hour back to have breakfast (which was awful as well) with our out of town guests. We always stay at Holiday Inn and used rewards points to pay for our room and 4 others for our wedding party. We asked that Holiday Inn at least refund the points for our room since we couldn't even stay in it, and they refused. Do not stay here. If you have to stay in Leesburg go to the Hampton Inn.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear kt2of3,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My friend and I stayed here while having a girl's weekend in Leesburg. The room had two double beds which were very comfortable and the room was clean -- always a plus! The choice of either firm or soft pillows on the beds was very nice, too. The staff was great! Breakfast is offered at the hotel, either from a menu or buffet. It didn't suit our wants so we ended up going outside the hotel for breakfast. There are no elevators at this hotel. It's only 2 stories, but getting luggage up and down the stairs can be a challenge. If you have physical challenges make sure they know that so they can give you a first floor room. It's very close to the outlet's and a quick drive into the town of Leesburg. It's not the Ritz, but for the price it was worth the stay.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Ann G,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our bed and our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the food selection. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.