I can truthfully say I expect to never again stay at the Holiday Inn Leesburg (Historic Inn at Carradoc Hall). The 3 Oaks Restaurant there has been converted into an Indian Restaurant (without any real change to the bones of the restaurant - so you can still see the English/Southern manor look it must've had previously), the only place to congregate and grab a drink at midnight is a horrid Hookah Bar that looks and feels like a particularly seedy frat house. Sadly the 'Historic Inn' part of the complex (the old manse) is wasted by this conversion. The rooms need work (the toilet paper holder was falling out of the wall, quite obviously; the fan didn't work, the room was damp, etc), the breakfast staff (understaffed, as well) are absolutely disorganized, and the breakfast buffet itself is a horror.
Just an all-around terrible time. If there's _any_ other option, I know we'll be taking it in the future.
I don't care if the new restaurant and bar make that Holiday Inn more money: The "Historic Inn at Carradoc Hall" name evokes an image that is supremely ill-suited to the current form."
Basically, the site wasn't as much like it's depicted at their site (http://www.holidayinnleesburg.com/) - particularly those fun looking pictures at the bar (http://www.holidayinnleesburg.com/gallery/image25.jpg), as it closed at 11pm (and I'm not entirely sure it even exists anymore in the 'Angeethi Indian Restaurant'); or the 3 Oaks Restaurant (http://www.holidayinnleesburg.com/gallery/image22.jpg), or, as listed under their 'Dining' tab (http://www.holidayinnleesburg.com/leesburg-hotel-dining) but that doesn't actually exist as it's been co-opted to a horrid smelling Indian restaurant (the front sign is even changed, except in the posted pictures!)), and the mansion itself had an, as mentioned above, college frat-boy vibe to it - not only people hanging out on the front lawn at midnight, but gaudy hookah's and paraphernalia on the front porch (and don't get me started on the posted sign).
The rooms _looked_ like in the pictures, minus the included damp air, and poor maintenance (at one point the pool didn't open on time as the only repairman/pool operator was replacing an air conditioner in one of my party's rooms!)
Have I mentioned the truly terrible buffet? It took us more than an hour to make it through, due to poor service (first we couldn't get orange juice, then no coffee, then coffee, but no creamer, then no milk for the cereal, then they were out of eggs on the buffet for 30 minutes, then the waffle mix had a truly odd taste, then nobody could find the maple syrup... It continued that way (and who has _cricket_ running on the TV during breakfast?! I enjoy the odd match when sitting in Helmand with the Brits, but that's on a _Brit_ base with _Brit_ troopers, not _Leesburg, VA_!).
The entire parking lot was packed on our parties return from the wedding site at midnight-1ish. We're guests _at_ the hotel and there's no parking due to the frat house and 'convention' space?! The front desk told a member of our party it was ok for them to park in a handicapped spot. A handicapped spot! Wouldn't have been so silly if that wasn't illegal. We were further told to park in the Fire Lane. <sigh>
As I stated above, it was just a terrible endcap to a great-starting weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amid Historic Leesburg, VA, the Clarion Inn(R) offers easy access to 45 local wineries and vineyards, delicious local dining, several breweries and popular attractions like Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets Balls Bluff Battlefield, Cobb Theater, Alamo Drafthouse, Washington & Old Dominion Railroad Regional Park. This pet-friendly Leesburg hotel is also convenient to Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Oatlands Plantation and Great County Farms. Grab a meal at Silk, our on-site restaurant and lounge, relax in the seasonal outdoor pool, get fit in the fitness center and get work done in the business center. Six meeting rooms can accommodate 450 people for banquets and 800 for conferences. All non-smoking guest rooms offer a coffee maker, desk, flat-screen television, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Some rooms feature a refrigerator and sofa sleeper. Get together at the Clarion Inn in Leesburg, Virginia. Book now to connect with family, friends and colleagues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall Hotel Leesburg
- Holiday Inn Carradoc Hall
- Leesburg Holiday Inn