We have an event to attend every 5 years, and this is the host hotel. Well its was 2007 when we were last there, and its been all downhill since then apparently. The front exterior still looks great and the lobby area is smart, but that's where it ends. The rest of the hotel is in severe need of refurbishment. On our first night, we had great problems using the key card to get into our room, the light blinked green but door would not open. So took a long trek to front desk only to be told the locks were old, and gradually being replaced! I asked if this was the best they could do for a platinum member. They put it on the list of things to fix and I have to say the following day, and for the rest of the stay the door worked. The rooms are tired and very dated - the beds were firm and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was supposed to start at 6.30 am, but at 6.45, still not ready...and the food needed to be hotter. The bar is a joke and the barmaid, an embarrassment. She was incredibly slow, rude to the customers and talked incessantly to anyone who would listen about her hard life. Of the 6 beers on tap - 2 they were out of and the remaining ones tasted watery. The only food eaten here was a club sandwich - pretty hard to ruin that - wrong!
All in all there have to be better/newer places in town (they still charge upmarket prices - $120 on a group rate) Oh yes and as others have mentioned access is awkward to to the traffic pattern.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amid Historic Leesburg, VA, the Clarion Inn(R) offers easy access to 45 local wineries and vineyards, delicious local dining, several breweries and popular attractions like Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets Balls Bluff Battlefield, Cobb Theater, Alamo Drafthouse, Washington & Old Dominion Railroad Regional Park. This pet-friendly Leesburg hotel is also convenient to Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Oatlands Plantation and Great County Farms. Grab a meal at Silk, our on-site restaurant and lounge, relax in the seasonal outdoor pool, get fit in the fitness center and get work done in the business center. Six meeting rooms can accommodate 450 people for banquets and 800 for conferences. All non-smoking guest rooms offer a coffee maker, desk, flat-screen television, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Some rooms feature a refrigerator and sofa sleeper. Get together at the Clarion Inn in Leesburg, Virginia. Book now to connect with family, friends and colleagues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Choice Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall Hotel Leesburg
- Holiday Inn Carradoc Hall
- Leesburg Holiday Inn