We stayed in this hotel because it was close to a local dog show where we were entered. It is a bit awkward to get there if you are traveling on 7 East because you have to pass the hotel and make a U-turn at the next red light. Once you get over the fear of doing that, it's not bad.
The decor was wonderful, the rooms were clean, and I greatly appreciated it being "pet friendly." The overall feeling is historic, sort of "country colonial" and is dominated by a hounds & hunting theme, which as a horse & hound lover, I found particularly appealing.
I especially enjoyed the extras, such as premium bath products and the Washington Post each morning. The beds were so darned comfy -- I almost opted out of our dog show! If I had to pick on anything, it would be the hotel's restaurant and tavern. It was chilly when we visited (November) and a nice fire was going just outside the restaurant. I had high hopes. I was wrong. Service in the restaurant was unbelievably slow and while the food wasn't too terribly pricey, the coffee was way overpriced ($3.50!!!). The waiters/waitresses weren't particularly friendly either. When the food came, though, it was very good. It is served in an old mansion and the atmosphere is very nice. As for the tavern, it wasn't too terribly overpriced and while service was faster, it was no friendlier. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel.
I've stayed a lot of places and I can honestly say that despite its relatively reasonable rate, it is in my list of top 5. I would probably give the restaurant another try, but if there's no change, I'd drive out in the mornings for breakfast. It would be a lot faster than waiting for service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amid Historic Leesburg, VA, the Clarion Inn(R) offers easy access to 45 local wineries and vineyards, delicious local dining, several breweries and popular attractions like Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets Balls Bluff Battlefield, Cobb Theater, Alamo Drafthouse, Washington & Old Dominion Railroad Regional Park. This pet-friendly Leesburg hotel is also convenient to Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Oatlands Plantation and Great County Farms. Grab a meal at Silk, our on-site restaurant and lounge, relax in the seasonal outdoor pool, get fit in the fitness center and get work done in the business center. Six meeting rooms can accommodate 450 people for banquets and 800 for conferences. All non-smoking guest rooms offer a coffee maker, desk, flat-screen television, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Some rooms feature a refrigerator and sofa sleeper. Get together at the Clarion Inn in Leesburg, Virginia. Book now to connect with family, friends and colleagues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Orbitz, Travelocity and Choice Hotels so you can book your Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall Hotel Leesburg
- Holiday Inn Carradoc Hall
- Leesburg Holiday Inn