“'Home away from home"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Baltimore, Maryland
“'Home away from home"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family came to Leesburg to attend a wedding,and we chose to stay to this hotel. I love the historic view of the mansion house.The hotel staff are most friendly.To start with the frontdesk staff,upon check in we were greeted by a smile and a cheerful greeting by the receptionist.Frances is very informative,professional and a good charm at the frontdesk.She was able to answer my questions within the area and able to provide what we need including directions,she assisted my mom pushing her wheelchair around the hotel since we are using the lift for our luggage.And that is PRICELESS!!Rooms are clean and nice.The hotel's interior design is amazing and the lobby is so comfortable to stay. The outdoor pool is nice and the restaurant is fine.The hotel is just 5 minutes away to the Outlets and restaurants are just nearby too.I will recommend this hotel because of the staff's professionalism,friendliness,cleanliness and very accesible to shopping malls and restaurants. We love this hotel and we will definitely go back here. I feel safe and home with the staff and with the hotel and ammenities as well.Good Job Holiday inn!!!! See you again. It was really a home away from home!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 60811Maryland_09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was not sure what I'd find based on some of the other reviews. However, I WAS VERY PLEASED and will certainly stay here again. The rooms were clean - so was the bath and shower. Beds extremely comfortable (and I am fussy) and furniture and appointments add to a country-like feeling. Staff was the most friendly and helful I've seen in a long time. From the newly paved parking lot, to the fresh paint, to the complimentary business center - this facility will not dissapoint you. Great location as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank J N
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Exterior and lobby area were fairly nice, but rest of interior and rooms were outdated, dingy and not what I expected...felt grimy. Twice my keycard wouldn't work. Room phone barely worked correctly. Only outlet available for the iron was in the bathroom (thank goodness the bathroom was fairly large and able to accomodate the ironing board). Wifi was free (advertised as available in every room) but I couldn't get a signal the entire time I was staying, with the exception of a strong signal when I was in the lobby signing out and checking traffic conditions in the area.
First floor ice maching was broken, when I called, staff told me to go to the second floor, which absolutely reeked of smoke and seemed even dirtier than the first floor. For some reason the prices for the second floor soda machine were higher than the first floor.

Overall, very unimpressive and would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CMW822
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear CMW822,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments. I am pleased you liked our location and you found our staff service satisfactory. Please accept my sincerest apology for the room and internet issues you experienced. I appreciate you bringing this into our attention as this is our best resource of improving guest services.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I Stayed here once and the place has a great view in the front and has some restaurants within it self. its very close to shopping for the leesburg outlets. The hotel has a complementary breakfast - which is not upto the mark of the price range for this hotel. it gives a little bit of the country side feeling.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hanoi, Vietnam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have stayed here on several occasion's and never had any major complaints. They do seem to be shorthanded at the front desk most of the time but the staff always maintains a happy attitude.
I am always recognized for my Priority Club Platinum level and I get free breakfast passes which is a nice touch.

The rooms are clean and up to date. Free wifi and lots of comfortable pillows.

A bit difficult to get to if you are heading East on Route 7, make sure you take the first exit ramp after you pass it on the left (not sure of exit name).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Potomac Falls, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband, son and I spent one night here when we abandoned ship (our house) after 2 nights without power. The room with two double beds was a decent size, as was the bathroom. The decor is dated and rather dark, but the room and bathroom were clean. There was a mini refrigerator in the room. There is an outdoor pool (hidden in a courtyard) that was very welcome with the heat wave, and also a small gym. The front desk staff was very nice, and the extra towels we requested were delivered promptly.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank michzuck
HolidayInnCarradoc, General Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments. We are very happy we were able to assist during such a difficult time in the Northern Virginia Region.
Virginia Beach VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I wanted to slip out of town for a shopping trip to Leesburg. Being a Platinum Priority Club member with Holiday Inn I was able to book two complimentary nights with HI. I usually spend 26 weeks a year in hotels, so I am quite experienced in hotel reviews.

The hotel looks like the Bates Motel, a bit weather beaten and need of a pressure wash. There is an Indian cuisine restaurant on-grounds, and a Hookah Lounge. Our hosts were of Indian decent, and it is very popular with his friends for events. We saw a lot of men and women in Indian style clothing in and around the building. As I was disappointed in the outside of the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised by the room. It was a good size with a king sized bed, sofa bed, flat screen, frig and desk w/chair. The bathroom was updated with granite counters and good water pressure in the shower. The ultimate measure of a decent hotel, is the amount of hot water. It passed with flying colors.

We arrived in Leesburg, and the hotel is very convenient to the Leesburg Premium Outlets; less than 0.5 miles. There is a Wegmans and a nice upscale shopping area across the street. Lots of fun eating places with a large movie theatre.

The front desk was friendly and helpful. Even though I did not pay for the room, as a Platinum Member, we were offered free breakfast or 1,000 points each on our rewards. The food service paled in comparison to what was around us, so we opted for the rewards.

Although, it looks dated and could use a modern touch, it was a decent stay. My measure of hotels are cleanliness, safety, comfort, and a caring staff. They hit the marks.....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
#3 of 7 in Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun

Been to Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg? Share your experiences!